Rear Springs??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear Springs???

Hey what's up. I'm new here. I haven't said anything because I've been so busy reading all the info in the forum. I have a 95 Bronco and I am installing 6" superlift springs in back as I type. Question is- do I need to put the factory shims(angled blocks) in with the new springs or not??? The new springs have a small angled shim built in, but I thought the straighter I can get driveshaft angle with the factory shims the the better. But, the new U bolts they sent me don't seem to be long enough to put the shims in. If I were to use the old U-bolts I could use the factory shims. The instructions don't mention whether or not I take them out or not. Another thing, they are procomp instructions and superlift springs. Anyways, should I use the old U-bolts and factory angled blocks or leave the blocks out and use the new U-bolts??? what's better for the drive shaft angle???

thanks
blubronc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 06:16 PM

Re: Rear Springs???

reuse the old shims, and u bolts. you got some nice 4.5 inch springs there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Addict

I would call Superlift and ask them. I don't understand why they would send you their springs and someone else's instructions. That's lame. I know I would be slightly po'd if once I got everything bolted up and went for a drive and had problems due to their lack of instruction.

Whenever I purchased a set of springs they usually came with shims and those are the ones I installed. My reasoning is that the company selling the springs has taken all the precautions in measuring the driveline angles. This has been the case with my Superlift suspension I put on my CJ and a Rubicon Express lift I installed on my Cherokee. No problems with either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 12:17 AM

I think I would agree with BurnedBronco, you probably will be nowhere near 6" since most of these aftermarket manufacturers seem to want to decide how level to make your truck, since they usually sit nose low from the factory. So, the stock shim/ubolts will add what you will probably want. How much shim is the new one? Aluminum or steel?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 02:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bah, here is what you do. Get rid of that damn IFS and put a straight axle in with coils, and get rid of the leafs in the rear and put coils on! Now THAT is the way to have a Bronco!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The leafs have a small steel shim attached to the bottom of the leaf. Don't know the anlge. We did go ahead and use the factory shims with the leafs. The driveshaft sits alot straighter and it gave about 1" of lift.

Thanks for all the help
blubronc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode