Super Newbe - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 01:52 PM
Ovalover

Super Newbe

Excuse the newbe, but here's my start...I've been reading you Reg's post for a while and got intimidated. Mechanics and PC's. wow! For starters, I've wanted a Bronco since I could drive. Grew up on a game ranch in Texas were Ford is King. Career took me from the hills but I receintly found an '85 project that was too tempting...though I may have gotten ripped since 'yall frowned at 3K for a primo. I've got a lot of work ahead but am low funded [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Currently Suspention is the target, and looking for rubber sources - I remember someone's post about black inserts to replace the rusted ones on the shell. Can't find the number in JCW. Any help is app'd!

OvaloverAll!
(sent that name to "Truckboy" but thought it was cool to use here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Mud in my Veins

Rubber?

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

...black inserts to replace the rusted ones on the shell.

<hr></blockquote>
The rusted WHATs on the shell?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 03:35 PM
Ovalover

Re: Rubber?

Sorry, The chrome trim insert in the middle of the window seal/rubber.
Also, you guys were talking about replacing the piviot bushing without removing the whole side of the axel? Is that metal ring/bushing supposed to be pressed in dry without any grease? [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:14 PM

Re: Rubber?

have ya tried lmc for the trim piece for the window
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Mud in my Veins

Trim strip

Ford doesn't make them any more, and I haven't noticed them anywhere else, so you might consider just going to the solid rubber window gaskets that don't need that trim. They're MUCH more common. I probably have a set or two...[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 06:05 PM

Re: Trim strip

Welcome abourd! If your broke follow my posts. All of my upgrades so far have been free or donated. I am verry lucky because a friend of mine is giving me a 4" Rancho lift. I'll be doing a reverse shackle flip with the front hanger off the rear leaf of an F250. Sounds complicated but it's really simple. Enjoy what you have and wheel it. Get to know your ride and then make your modifications according to what you want to gain. In my case I want something that I can crawl rocks with. Granted a SAS (Solid axle swap) is the best way of going about this and I thought I would be doing this but hey! Ya can't beat free! NORM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 06:56 PM
Ovalover

Thanks for the reply's guys! someone posted that JCW had an insert that "made your rig look ten years younger" Thats exactly what I need! It's been abused...
Steve83, you have extra sets? Cool!
Big Norm, Thanks! I'll be looking, BTW Does anybody have 6" (or any)lift there not going to use anymore?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Bro...
Welcome aboard!
You'll find EVERYTHING you need to know and more here.
Plus everyone is super cool.

I may have a set of 6" Superlift Radius Arm mounts/bushings available soon, w/ really low mileage.

I'll let you know. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=red>PS</font color=red> Don't forget to fill out your bio!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Ovalover

Daman, you going for bigger? Cool! Does anyone discard the hardware from a lower ride? And What do I need to update my Bio? It's trashed but rolling!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 08:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nope at this point I'm staying @ 6". But I'm changing out my radius arms next week.

Sorry, I didn't know your Bio was filled out.. my bad [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode