Whast auto Tranny do I have? (95 Bronco, 5.0) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Whast auto Tranny do I have? (95 Bronco, 5.0)

I will have to admit my ignorance here - I have no clue about the auto tranny in my Bronco. It is a 1995 Bronco with the 5.0 - anyone know what it is?

I am planning to beef up the tranny a little for some towing and need to know where to start [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota">
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 03:04 PM
dawgghanson

Re: Whast auto Tranny do I have? (95 Bronco, 5.0)

yo,
you have a e4od (electronically/computer/sensors controlled 4 speed overdrive unit. Many pre-95 trucks/broncos, etc had problems with the clutch friction plates. Your bronco and my 96 bronco have many improvements over the earlier e4OD versions.
check this www site out for an overview:http://www.baumannengineering.com/e4odinf.htm

then do a SEARCH here in this forum for e4od and you'll see the long list of problems.

You will like a valve body shift mod kit, electronic transmission control system, a cooler, and frequent fluid & filter changes (add a drain plug to the pan). and a custom converter if you have the $.

good luck,
Al

Al
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2000, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Whast auto Tranny do I have? (95 Bronco, 5.0)

Thanks for the reply - I am looking over the site now, and will do a search later then reply with more questions [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

As for the improvements - B&M has a kit that includes most of what you suggested for only like $350 as a package deal - that looks real tempting and I will probably get it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<a href="http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota">
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode