Tires and Rims - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires and Rims

Can any body recommend a good a/t tire . I'm getting ready to buy some new tires , I'm looking for some 33x12.50 that make little or no noise , I dont care about the price i just want to be able to hear myself think! Also need to get some new rims . thanks for any help.
Robertm
[email protected]

Robertm 79Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tires and Rims

BFG ATs on a 15x8s is what I have. Not silent, but really quiet, esp. if you keep them rotated. The new BFG AT-KO tire is really hot and claims to be even better than the previous ones.

Another quiet long lasting (but less aggressive than the BFG) is the Michelin ATs. I've heard good things about these, but they looked too tame for me.

Rims? steel or alloy? lots of choices. I have American racing alloys and they've been good to me. Steel rims are alot cheaper.

Cheers,

- Dan

99 4Runner (wifes grocery getter)
88 Bronco * FOR SALE *
Looking for a new trail rig...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 08:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try the Bridgestone Dueler AT's if you are wanting an all around higher-end AT tire. I've used mine on sand, hard pack, snow, ice, and lighter mud with great results. They are fairly quiet for an AT and should give you 50-60k before replacement if most of your miles are on-road. I've also used the Michelin AT, but would not buy them again....fairly expensive, not very aggressive in mud, and after 30k miles, started to wear unevenly. I have also used the BFG's, but they annoyed me on the highway, altho I think they are about the same as the Bridgestone in aggressiveness offroad. I have not used the new BFG KO, altho I have to wonder if they improved the onroad handling characteristics and noise. Bridgestone has a 30 day ride guarantee (the only reason I even bothered to try them in the first place!!), so try out a set and if they annoy you, you can always take em back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2000, 06:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Definitely go with the Bridgestone Duelers. I have had them on every 4-wheel drive that I've ever owned. There is absolutely no other tire on the market that gives the total package of traction, quietness, ride, and mileage. I highly recommend them to anyone looking all-terrain tires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode