Off Roading Forums banner

double stacking cases

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Rockcrusher 
G
#1 ·
I am interested in double stacking the xfer cases in my fullsize 82. I was wondereing if anyone has done this? What is involved,
needed etc? Also I recently purchased a performer rpm intake manifold, but I wasn't aware that it has such a hig rpm band. How
much of a difference does this really make. I have the chance to trade this manifold for a performer intake, and a holley carb that was
only installed three years ago .I am considering because I don't have the carb yet anyway. Any suggestions, help, ideas, greatly
appreciated!!!!

G
#2 ·
I was wondering if it would be at all beneficial, possible to stack two cases with generally the same low range. I have one laying
off of a 1980 f150, and wanted to know if it was possible to stack it with the one in my bronco. Let me know how everything turns
out.

G
#3 ·
I would not use the RPM manifold. If the Performer intake and Holley carb are in good shape, I would probably trade. As for stacking transfer cases, here are some issues. Kits can be purchased to stack a NP205 with a NP203. They are both older cast iron cases and that setup would be great. The problem is that it would make your drive train so long that there would be too much of an angle for the drive shaft.

If it ain't broke, I can probably still fix it.

#4 ·
Check with Wildhorses 4X4. I believe they stack EB Dana 20's and claim a 6 :1 low case ratio. I don't have any technical data so I can't state anything for fact.

Bye the bye, I think they call it a "Cold Duck"

Rockcrusher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.