Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/)
-   -   Will 302 swap in 6 cylinder Bronco? (https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-96-f-series-78-96-bronco/10825-will-302-swap-6-cylinder-bronco.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 04-08-2000 08:27 PM

Will 302 swap in 6 cylinder Bronco?

Hello,

I was wondering if the tranny bolt pattern and the motor mounts on a Bronco with a 6 cylinder are interchangeable with a 302? I found an 83 cheap with a blown 6 cylinder and I have a very healthy 302 (with complete mass air) I would like to put in it if it will (a) bolt onto the motor mounts (or buy mounts to work) without welding new ones in, and (b) will the tranny bolt up to it? I don't mind getting a new flywheel if needed, but I don't want to start playing the tranny swap game, and transfer case, as I don't wanna sink that much into it.

Thanks for the help,

--Jim

**DONOTDELETE** 04-08-2000 08:39 PM

Re: Will 302 swap in 6 cylinder Bronco?

what tranny is in it?

**DONOTDELETE** 04-08-2000 08:49 PM

Well, I don't know. I have not looked at it yet. I had to work today. Perhaps tomorrow I will look at it. I figured someone would know if it had a 6 with an auto maybe it had a C4 that would bolt right up, or an NP435 manual 4 speed that also bolted right up. I am more familiar with what the early broncos had than the later ones, and don't know much about the 300 6 cylinder other than it has good torque. I don't know what the bolt pattern is like on them. I was hoping to learn about it some before I spent time going to looking at it.

--Jim

**DONOTDELETE** 04-10-2000 10:13 PM

a 302 and 300 inline 6 have the same bolt patter on the bellhousing not sure about motor mounts but i thank thay are the same did the swap along time ago dont remimber what we did with the mounts sorry

**DONOTDELETE** 04-11-2000 12:46 PM

The motor mounts are different. The 6cyl mounts right into the cross member while the 302 mounts to brackets that bolt onto the back of the crossmember. You can get the V8 mounts from the dealer and they just bolt in.

Did it go together nice and easy? You did something wrong.Will have to do it again.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
DaveC