Superlift 6 Inch - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2000, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Superlift 6 Inch

I have bought a Superlift 6 inch and I am currently waiting for it to come in the mail. I plan on installing it myself. Has anybody else installed a 6 inch lift? If so, how hard would it be and what special tools do I need?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 01:17 AM
mudmonger

Re: Superlift 6 Inch

>>>As long as you are familiar with basic auto mechanics you should have no problem-just take your time so everything goes where it belongs. For the front you will need a torch (recomended) or grinder for removing rivot heads in the bracketry and a big hammer and punch for knocking out what is left. You will also need a pitman arm puller or equivalent to change pitman arms. A 3/4 inch ratchet set would be advisable. The rear should be easy-doesn't matter rather you are adding blocks, leaves, or new springs-easyyyyyy(especially if done after the front). If you have the extended radius arms make sure your measurements for the radius arm brackets is exact or it will show later in tire wear. Feel free to e-mail if you want. Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SHOVEL: Keep us up to date on that kit. I am considering the same for my 82 Bronco and would be interestesd in any problems or tips once you complete the project.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]If it's stuck, force it! If it break's,it needed replacing anyway!!!
One of Murphy's laws.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Haven't started yet, still waiting for my Superunner Steering Kit. I will be sure to post every problem I have, to help other people who are considering lifting their truck.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2000, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

I finally got my damn steering kit after a month or so of waiting and now I have got started on lifting it! Anyways, has anybody else lifted a 80-96 Bronco and would know if there is any possible way to avoid disconnecting the brake hoses, axle vent tube, and the front drive shaft? I only have 1 floor jack and two frame stands, so I want to set my hubs on wood blocks and use my floor jack to support the whole axle assembly, when I remove the pivot bolts. Hopefully this will balance and then I could put the drop brackets in place without even having to disconnect anything. Any help is much appreciated.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2000, 08:48 AM
mudmonger

Hey Shovel,
On the front end you will need to disconnect the brake lines anyways since the old ones aren't long enough any more. Some people relocate them lower so they can save the hundred bucks the longer stainless ones cost, but, since they go through the spring bucket they will have to be disconnected just to relocate them-I used Procomp extended on mine with standard location. In order to get the new springs in place and the radius arms if you have the longer ones (assuming you do) it would be easier to remove the front shaft than to work around it and the vent tube probably won't be long enough either-if you are going to four wheel where they may be water or at least thin mud you should consider raising the axle vents higher anyways. Post if you have anymore questions. Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2000, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I bought the extended brake hoses, but I want Les Schwab to install the brake hoses. I was hoping, I could limp it with the stock ones to Les Schwab and have them do it. Possible?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2000, 06:23 AM
mudmonger

It may be possible, but, I never tried mine with them on. Only way to know for sure is to try. If all you do is drive it on the street to get to Les Schwab you should make it since the main reason for the brake line change is the big increase in droop from the lift and heavier tires. Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Extended Radius Arms

Well, I almost have my whole front end apart. Anyways, I have a problem with relocating my radius arm brackets. I bought Superlift Extended Radius Arms and the instructions call for moving the radius arm bracket exactly 18 inches back from the oem location. Problem is, one of the bolts line up right under my transmission crossmember. I would drill right through it, but it is ripplely and the bolt wouldn't exactly sit flush. Has anybody else put these radius arms on or had the same problem? Might just be my transmission M-50D? If there isn't a bolt on solution, I will just have someone add some welds to the bracket. Any help is much appreciated.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Extended Radius Arms

I have heard that the Skyjacker Class II kit for the F-150;s and Broncos is one of the best kits out there..
I am doing my truck next summer.. 1984 Bronco XLT.. was gonna do it this summer.. but 429 is going in...

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode