Mate a 2WD C6 to a 205 T-CASE? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2000, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mate a 2WD C6 to a 205 T-CASE?

Hey Guys: My buddy wants to attach an NP205 T-Case to a 2WD C6 (Small Block) Trans. He has the Big-Block 4WD C6 that came with the NP205 (from a 78 Bronco). I think that it is possible to remove the output shaft from the Big-Block 4WD C6 and swap it into the 2WD Small Block C6. Has anybody tried this? If so, how much work is it to swap Transmission output shafts? In the end, he wants: a small-block motor, a small block C6, and an NP205 all attached. Thanks for your advice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2000, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Mate a 2WD C6 to a 205 T-CASE?

Yes, you can swap the output shafts from the big block to the small block. To do this, you will need to totally tear down the trannys. I got a quote from a shop to do this for $200 if I brought them in. But I also talked to a few people who did it themselves and said it's not hard at all(And they never worked on aa tranny before, just bought a rebuild book.)
Hope that helps, and good luck.
P.S. You will also need the tailhousing from the 4x4, but I guess you have that, don't you.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Info! Maybe I'l give it a try. I've never really worked on Transmissions before, but there's a first time for everything!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's been several years now since I had my C6 apart so my memory is a little fuzzy. I used the manual for my truck to rebuild the trans. You might as well rebuild the entire trans while you are replacing the output shaft. I can't remember off hand but the rear tail housing?? will have to be replaced too. Hopefully the 4wd trans also has the adapter for the 205 tcase.

Did it go together nice and easy? You did something wrong.Will have to do it again.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
DaveC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode