Lifting just the front - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lifting just the front

I have a '96 Bronco and just put a set of 32 x 11.50 Bridgestone Duelers on it. Now I have seen and heard of people running 33's with no lift and them not scrubbing. But mine scrubbed and they are only 32's. I have already shimmed the bumper out and they don't scrub anymore, but it is close. I am going to North Carolina's Outer Banks in April and I am afraid that the ruts and bumps in the sand may cause enough spring compression to cause the tires to scrub. I would like to lift the front 1 to 1-1/2 inches using longer coil springs. My question is: raising it that little, would I have to change anything else (ie. pitman arm)? Also, does Dick Cepek offer just longer springs without a complete kit? I really like his products and would like to use them if possible. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 01:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lifting just the front

Belive it or not, if you raise your front end by using taller springs you will affect the camber and your tires will be angled like a v. Usualy I only reccomend replacing the front coil springs if they are sagging. If you do go taller you will have to adjust the camber, if not you will notice it the most when you turn at full lock. Also chances are that the front of your truck kinda looks like it's lower than the back, most Broncos do.

Hope this helps,

Bravoman

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep. Many companies sell what they call "leveling coils" that give you about 1-1.5 inches of lift up front. The only thing you need to worrie about is getting an alignment(camber).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2000, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info. I can handle having to pay for a re-alignment. I just didn't want to have to spend alot on alot of suspension parts right now. And yes, the front end does sit alot lower than the rear. That's another reason I want to lift the front. Does anyone know if Dick Cepek offers one of these leveling kits?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2000, 07:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Some kits come with new camber plugs. You can check KBARS, or Summit Racing, or even J.C. Whitney. The kits run around $200 for springs, and plugs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode