Alternator for '91 Bronco - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2000, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Alternator for \'91 Bronco

I know that someone one this forum once mentioned where to get a 140amp alternator, but I did not see for what year Bronco it would work with.

So, I will ask the question. Where can I get a 100amp or better alternator for a '91 5.0 Bronco? I would like to find one that just bolts up and plugs right in to the factory harness. I really don't want to second guess what will work or not. My alternator has the three wires on the side and then another 3-wire plug towards the top.

So, has anyone found somewhere to find the right alternator?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2000, 12:26 AM

Re: Alternator for \'91 Bronco

Give Summit Racing or another mail order company a call. Tell them exactly what you put down on the forum and I am sure they'll set you in the right direction.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2000, 02:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think your refering to my post. I installed a 140 amp alt. made by AmpTech. I got it from my local alternator/starter shop. It's been over 2 years and so far so good. I have a 89 FS Bronco with a 351 engine. This alt. should fit your truck and I'm pretty sure if you tell them what kind of truck you have they'll be able to get you the right one that will fit.

Hope this helps,

Bravoman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2000, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Bravoman! I will call around and see if anyone can find me an AmpTech 140. It is just that I live in Georgia, and reguardless what anyone says, there is a bunch of selfish idiots in this state wanting money for nothing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode