Politics on the Bronco Forum - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2000, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Politics on the Bronco Forum

I know many won't agree, but I'm tired of having to scroll through 2 pages of political venom before I get to the forum. Doesn't matter if I like Gore or not, I just don't like things being rammed down my throat. Having to scroll through it over and over as I read messages makes it even more annoying. I've stopped membership in other organizations because they used this tactic. Since I haven't found a way to turn off the bile-spewing page headers, I'm afraid I'm going to stop visiting this forum. It's a pity, because I really like the group and I like sharing the lessons I've learned. I understand that off-road use is threatened and I don't like it either. However, I don't think it's the forum group that needs to be force-fed on the subject. Anyway, it's been good visiting, and best of luck to all you blue oval folks.
Norm

NormSpeed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 07:02 AM
mudmonger

I agree

>>>Norm, don't go just yet. Maybe if enough people feel the same way as you and myself the administration may consider moving the political stuff to it's own forum, back into landuse (which is what it has to do with anyways), or best of both worlds-offer the subscribers, to this board, the option to shut off the preview headers if a person doesn't want to see them. Maybe they'll read these posts and say "take a vote on it". Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Politics on the Bronco Forum

I Agree with NormSpeed. I HATE Politics.... and I HATE being force feed information... This is a decent message board, and I would like them to change this need for scrolling is stupid...

CHANGE IT!!!!

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Norm, I agree with you 100%, but I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Actually, he looks like an idiot jumping up and down (I'm also a democrat). Every time I log-on I jam through the process and come directly to the posts. They could have probably posted a note about an impending tornado and I would have missed it. Don't let it get you down. Unfortunately this is part of the Internet that's very annoying. Stay with us...
AAM

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 02:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Even though I'm a bit of a political junky, I don't care for the scrolling through the messages either. It's like trying to close out those idiotic on-line advertisements. I must admit (dangerous territory here)...At least Al Gore looks like the idiot he is.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 03:30 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Independent, or whatever, the fact remains that gore becoming President is the single biggest threat the OHV community (that's US) has ever faced. Period. This is an OHV BBS & gore doesn't believe in OHV's having access to public land. Where he stands on other issues isn't the point here. A vote for gore is a vote against OHV access. It's just that simple. I don't agree 100% with either candidate on 100% of the issues. But, the one issue everyone on this BBS should all agree on is OHV access. And because this one particular candidate is 180 degrees the opposite from what we should all believe on this ONE issue, that banner is up there. It's there to remind you that gore is out to destroy the very thing that brought everyone TO this BBS. And I for one will be taking that into consideration (along with the other issues) when I cast my ballot in November. You should all do the same.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 03:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I couldn't agree with you more. Who wants to pay big money to go four-wheeling on private land. This board is based on people who want to enjoy the outdoors with their vehicles. That is what it is all about isn't it? I didn't build my vehicle to be a pavement thumper. It is a hobby and a recreational event. I would hate to lose the recreation.

Besides, why ban the land when there are millions of acres untouched. Why can't they setup more wildlife refuges if they are so worried. Most of the places I have four-wheeled are so damaged by mining and the toxic chemicals, that the the fact that any input from clubs to maintain the trails is a benefit. Lets get realistic here. Trees are a replentishable resource, the wildlife is not sparce. I think this is another rain-forest issue becoming a local scam. It sounds like these hippies need something more to fight about. Gore is just another hippie jumping on the band-wagon. It will cost all tax payers more money to police and baracade public land, and others will capitalize on the private land. I wonder which politicians will be making a quick buck by banning OHV's. It is all a bunch of B.S.
Here's my 2 cents. Hope you all make the right decisions.
Curtis

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 10:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

\"Big money?\"

All the "private" ORV areas around here are pretty darn cheap! 5-15 bucks a day with marked trails, little concessions stands at the front entrance, some with camping areas, etc... I think that any state owned land should be left alone as a nature preserve or park... It's a shame to see any and all wooded areas here in Inianapolis leveled for stores and subdivisions... Off-roaders are a very small group... And I don't think it would be fair to make "all" public land accessible. I'd be happy to be allowed to just take my mountain bike on the trails in the nearby state park! I think there is actually less places to mountain bike than to four wheel in Indiana anyway! The goverment wouldn't know how to run a ORV park... It would probably end up costing WAY more than most private ORV areas. I would try to encourage more off-road clubs and maybe even sponsors to get together and buy up big plots of land... but it would be hard to pay more than the Fords, GMs and WalMarts of the world... It's just a little bit more than my 2 cents.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just want to say that I am another that is tired of the political banners. I have no love for Gore, or Democrats for that matter, but I hate political ads, banners, and talk shows. Mainly because our taxes pay for most of it. Many are not aware of that fact, and those that are cannot do anything about it. The facts are the big businesses make the rules, and we are stuck living by them.

That is what lobbying is all about in Washington, D.C. Getting the middle class to fork out the money, while the lower income families stay poor, and the rich get richer! And here is Gore and Clinton wanting to make an issue about wildlife tracts, trees and recreation areas, when they canít even take care of education and health issues.

It seems that stepping on the toes of us minority off-roaders is more beneficial then stepping on the toes of big corporations. Make a few ecologist happy and they may vote for you, while they think most off-roaders are just a bunch of beer drinking, tobacco chewing, uneducated idiots who donít vote anyway.

Politics is just a game of knowing who to buddy up to in order to get what you want.

Myself, I will not leave this forum just because of the political banners. Yet, I will voice my opinion where I can to stop the banning of any recreational area for the use of off-roading.

Just my spare change worth!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bet Al\'s bouncing up and down on a shock absorber!

Who would represent himself that way! He looks lie an idiot (well duuuhh... HE IS!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode