Door panels - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2000, 10:05 PM
Neckfitter

Door panels

Does anyone know if door panels from an 87 - 91 truck will fit my 86 Bronco?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 08:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Door panels

Yes, the 87-91 interior door panels should fit your 86. The doors themselves (metal frame and exterior) are nearly identical fron 80-96. The only major difference being in the side mirror mountings and vent windows. Although the newer interior door panels should fit, your power door locks and power window switches (if you have them) will not fit perfectly and may need to be relocated. I would suggest that you find some 87-91 switches to compliment your 87-91 panels if you truck has power windows & locks.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 08:16 PM

So 92-96 door panels will fit on 87-91 doors without problems?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 01:36 AM

Yes, 92-96 will fit all other years. The only catch is the vent window. 80-91 are triangle and the 92-96 the point is cut off and the door panal rises up in front of the window. I put 94's on my 81 doors and even got the switches to fit. I had to cut the top corner for the vent. you would never realize by looking at it that it was cut, just about every panal fits every 80-96. I have a complete interior from a 94 in my 81.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 02:06 AM

That sounds like a sweet setup, have any pics?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Now when you say you have a complete interior from a '94 Bronco, do you mean the dash and all the accessories? And if so, what modifications did you have to do or make?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 12:59 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any pics online yet. I did not swap in the dash for a later year. I swapped it out for a grey 80 dash. It used to be black then red and now grey. ( I've owned the truck for awhile) I swapped out every panel in the truck along with the seats (grey leather) and the console and rugs. One of the main reasons I kept the 80-86 dash is because there is a lot of room inside the dash to add accessories. (amps, stereo stuff, wiring and relays) The 94 dash would not be that hard to install since the fire walls are the same The column and the gauges would be tough. I had the dash apart to do a stereo in my 96. Thats when I decided not to swap one out to my 81. The only panels that did not work are the kick panels, mine have manual vent openings. Other than that everything else is a direct bolt on of the origionals. A little trimming and drilling was required but nothing major

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode