Need Help Looking for Muffler - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Help Looking for Muffler

Guys,

The next project on my 1992 FS Bronco is to try and replace the muffler. Mine is currently rusted out and it is not doing jack [censored] except adding extra weight. I am particularly interested in a Flowmaster Deltaflow because I want the added power, but I do not want to loose torque nor have an extremely loud exhaust note. (I like the low rumble of some chevy trucks but I particularly HATE the 'pissed off' bumble bee noise heard on some sports cars, setting off car alarms…) I also just recently installed a stereo too so I still want to hear it! Anyways….

Looking at Summit Racing, they sell the Flowmaster Delta Series >
http://store.summitracing.com/produc...D-080009FC5B5F

and also a Flowmaster Truck and RV Muffler

http://store.summitracing.com/produc...D-080009FC5B5F

I am not sure as to what muffler I should choose…

Also does anyone know if Borla makes a muffler specifically for my year Bronco/F-150? Also if you know of a cheap place to buy any muffler - feel free to tell me. Thanks for your input!

FS 1992 Bronco 302
JBA Headers with 2.25 or 2.5" near stock exhaust and catalytic conv.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 09:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need Help Looking for Muffler

The Flowmaster Deltaflow is an excellent choice but is a bit expensive. As long as you are running only one muffler and some type of cat, you don't need to worry about loosing torque. I am running a 3" 3chamber Flowmaster and it has the perfect sound. It is loud enough to hear it but not loud enough to be annoying. It makes a deep rumble like an old muscle car when your foot is in it but is almost completely quiet in overdrive. When you start going to duals with a 5.0, then you should think about loosing torque.
I don't know if Borla makes a muffler specifically for your truck but you can always call them and tell them your application. They will tell you what setup they think is best. Remember Borla is all stainless steel and that means $$$$$. I have had two chamber flowmasters on my 90 Mustang for about 5 years and they have been perfect, no rust, very durable.
I bought my 3 chamber muffler from Performance Automotive Warehouse for $51.

Excellant choice of headers!!!
I run them on the Muatang and they are the best.

Chris
'92 Bronco 5.0
7" lift, 35's
'90 Mustang 5.0
300 hp

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 07:58 PM

Re: Need Help Looking for Muffler

I have a Delta 50 series. Excellent muffler. Amazing how much extra horses from just a muffler. If I was to do it again, I would get the louder 40 series or one of the 2 or 3 chamber racing mufflers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode