Bronco II T-case - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 01:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bronco II T-case

I just purchased a 1989 Bronco II. It has an electric shift T-case. The 4X4 button works but Low range does not. I am wanting to change over to manual shift. I read on Flatlanders Bronco II page about the possibility of using an early Ranger T-case that is manual shift and has a lower (numerically higher) ratio. Future plans include changing the auto hubs to manual, winch mount, side bars, cut out fender flares, and axle upgrades. Any help I can get on these upgrades will be welcome.

"Happy" Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bronco II T-case

Are you going to do any other mods, i.e., engine & tranny? I think an ideal setup for a Bronco II or Explorer Sport would be an EFI 302/5.0, NV4500 5-Speed (Dodge, with 5.6:1 1st gear and 27% overdrive) and an Atlas II or NP205 gear-driven t-case. Not cheap, but damned strong! Advance Adapters seems to be the place for any swap info. I am selling my 90 Bronco II 'cause I bought a 78 Big Bronco, but I would have loved to do some cool swaps. Good Luck!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 10:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd like to do a 302 with the AOD and Explorer 8.8 rear axle sometime. Right now though, I just want to get it trail ready. A little more info. In the drive way with the engine off and the key on. I push the 4X4 button and hear a loud thunk. When I push the low range button I hear a faint click and the low range light on the switch blinks. Both of the noises come from the motor/switch on the back of the t-case.

"Happy" Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 04:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The tranny must be in "NEUTRAL" for the transfer case to shift into low. If the neutral switch from the tranny to the transfer case is bad, it won't shift. Have it checked out.
Curtis

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

"Happy" Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode