81 Bronco for sale (wa)...460&44s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2000, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

81 Bronco for sale (wa)...460&44s

81 Bronco half-breed, 9" full floater w 456's and detroit locker...dana 44 front with 456's and trac-lock,460 brand new rebuilt, c-6 rebuilt, np 208, custom cut drivelines,superrunner steering, 8" suspension, 3" body, bushwacker cutouts, new paint, custom diamondplate bed, f-150 cab, cd/tape out of 1999 dodge,44" boggers, 15x12 solid wheels,tow hitch, mud bog king...350 hp, dual flowmasters, 9000lb winch (warn),procomp shocks,1999 four wheeler magazine top truck challange enrty...$6,500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2000, 01:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 81 Bronco for sale (wa)...460&44s

wait a minute.....this isnt the "government mule" is it?????

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 12:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by Denny,SanJose,Ca

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 06:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by Denny,SanJose,Ca

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 08:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Testosterone is a wonderful thing...in the words of Tim Allen..."ugh,ugh,ugh". I realize both of you guys think your trucks are killers, but if you want to really test them, come here to SouthEast Michigan, and drive our roads for a couple of days. They would even make George Patton cry. After battling the famous I-94/I-75 interchange pothole for a couple of hours, while getting the "long finger salute" from all the other drivers on the road, you may decide that the magazines should hold the TTC here. Who wants to look at pictures of a lifted truck going through mudholes with a mountain range as the backdrop, when you can have a shot of a barely visible roofline being used as a bridge by rush hour traffic, with our lovely trash incinerator belching huge colums of smoke as the background? Around here, we don't need winches and suspension lifts, just extension ladders, grappling hooks, and cell-phones... Stay Frosty fellas!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I dont care what your fricken opinion is.... I love your example..hold on, let me get my 5lb hammer and bang on my 208....er......it broke...dang, you are right...Now what do I do? Your pal in arlington, yea, know who he is, if he is the one that charges people to wheel in his field... I surely dont represent anyone, I represent myself... Is my np271 a wussy too since it is aluminum...err..my corbra jet aluminum heads? Err....I dont have as much ambition to type, austa...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 12:03 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Gotta say that while the 205 is indeed a tougher case, lots of guys who like to go fast use the 208. Aside from the obvious benefit of a deep low-range ratio, it only weighs about 80 lbs. And the mud that I've been in has never done anything comparable to a 5 lb sledge, so I'm not exactly sure where that analogy is. See, plenty of folks wheel in places where they don't drop their trucks on boulders - the Northwest being one such place & the Midwest (where I'm from) being yet another. Granted, an old 208 will lose a chain, but with new guts they make fantastic t-cases for mud.

Point of all this is a dude comes here to sell something & you jump in to tell him what a POS it is. That's not real helpful, is it?</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tex, you got my point...Right on...Not too many rocks in the 5ft n mud pits...Also bot too many rockcrawlers with 44s...I cant believe nobody has harrased me on the dd44 ifs!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 05:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yeah, it WAS a ttc entry for your info, #50...Add up the #'s by the way, do you not realize what a damn good deal this is for this rig? Honestly, I have over $18,000 into it, and am selling it for one reason, and one reason only...Cause my other rig needs 2.5 ton rockwells...I am thinking of running a honda rav4 transfer case in it...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hope not, Top Baja trophy trucks used the twin traction beam suspension for years and years. Good stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode