Is the Lockright any good? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2000, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is the Lockright any good?

I was thinking about installing a Lockright locker in the rear of my '86. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this unit. I'm picking it because of the price ($309.20) from www.lockright.com
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2000, 01:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is the Lockright any good?

I don't know if you read my post about these cheap lockers. I bought a Detroit EZ-Locker which is the same as the Lockright lockers. After 2 months/200 miles my lockers teeth wore out and no longer would lock. I had 35" tires on my truck and the Detroit EZ-Lockers state that you shouldn't go over 31"s. The Lockrights don't state a limit.

The price may be right especially if you're going to install them yourself. 4wheelParts said they would send me another set. Let me tell you they go in real easy but are a bitch to remove and I don't want to do this every few months. TracTech the makers said it could be a defect from the factory but they said that they would eventually wear out none the less.

I am a firm believer in do it right the first time, I'd save the money up and get the Detroit Lockers (not the EZ-Lockers) because there strong and they say they don't wear out.

Good Luck,

Bravoman

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2000, 01:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I swear by them...had them in my ScoutII for seven years now...d44's f/r , BFG 35" MT.. My ScoutII weight just over 6Klbs trail ready. I've got a torque monster
LoadStar Truck engine in it...392ci with about 450lbs torque. NEVER a problem. Just put them in and forget about them. EZ Lockers by
Detroit are NOT the same as PowerTrax Lockright lockers! Try putting 6Klbs on just one tire and see how long the Detroit copycats last.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 04:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm no expert by any means,
I run a 5.0 HO powered Toyota with all Ford running gear (D44 & 9"), and 39" tires. I've had a lock-right in the rear for a little while(year). Seems to work well, disengages on corners if driven properly. However I've never run a Detroit, for me the cost was right as is the performance. My truck doesn't see a whole lot of miles, but it's built to go deep and reasonably hard. Am I using the wrong locker per cost and use? Let me know, I still have to buy a front locker. I'd prefer bare facts, I'm looking for bang per buck, warrenty and longetivity.
Thanks PJL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode