Stearing stabilizer a must with 35's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2000, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stearing stabilizer a must with 35\'s

I was developing slack in my stearing and having majior vibrations in the front stearing when I run in the sand dunes. I installed a Pro-Comp stabilizer and wow, what a difference. It tightened up my stearing and elimitated front end shimmy. Just thought I would let ya'll know.

chris
92 Bronco 5.0
7" lift, 35's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2000, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stearing stabilizer a must with 35\'s

Good job, if the steering stabilizer helped tighten your steering. I personaly think that all stabilizers do is mask problems with your front end. What the stabilizer does is act like a shock absorber. If everything is fine then you don't need one. One thing notorius with trucks is the steering shaft and the gear box.

Good luck and thanks for the info.

Bravoman

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2000, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bravoman

On a stock vehicle, being used onroad, a stabilizer may mask frontend problems, but one is almost required on a vehicle with bigger tires, being used offroad. Even a stock-tired vehicle being used offroad would benifit from one. Big tires will magnify any play even in a new vehicle. Big tires also tend to follow the grooves in the road, which is reduced with a stabilizer. My almost stock 88 f/s Bronco has a stabilizr and I think it is factory... It drives pretty straight, although I only have 31's on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2000, 01:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bravoman

i agree with you indiana dave. A steering stabilizer on a vehicle used off road, has nothing but positive effects. Maybe if your truck is a nonlifed daily driver, a steering stabilizer would have negative effects. I have driven in an offroad situation where my tire catches a rut, and the steering wheel will turn hard and fast. After I put a steering stabilizer on, the same situation is MUCH easier to control.

Roland

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode