Console and Fuel Tank - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2000, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Console and Fuel Tank

I have a 1990 Bronco Custom, that doesn't have the stock center console. Should I buy a new oem or aftermarket console? Anyone else replaced their center console? Also, how could I find out how big my fuel tank is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 08:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Console and Fuel Tank

Hey, BC. Can't help you on the console. But on the gas tank, my '94 is 32 gallons. '94 is the last body style (92 - 96), and you have the one previous (87 I think - 91). I sorta doubt they changed tank sizes, but maybe one of you guys with a 87 - 91 can confirm.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an '88 Bronco and it has a 32 gallon tank.
AAM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

86 has a 32 gallon also.
I think Summit Racing has some after market consoles. They are probably sturdier than the factory units, and probably cheaper, too.
You might check 4-west's website as well.

NormSpeed
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 04:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought mine was a 32 gallon, just checking. A new Ford console is obsolete, so I must get one out of donor Bronco. Still looking for aftermarket consoles (hopefully one with close dimensions as oem). Thanks for the input.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2000, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You might want to get creative. I got some wood and built my own to house a 9" color vcr/tv combo set. I also house a 10 disc cd changer in mine. To make it look nice you can buy headliner material from R&S Strauss Auto Parts, AutoZone or any other local auto parts chain. This way you can customize it to have the features that you want and it'll be a heck of alot cheaper.

Good luck,

Bravoman

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2000, 12:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good idea, I'll consider that too.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2000, 09:49 AM
dawgghanson

I made one too, and also bought a Tuffy Security Products steel console for locking up all my hard earned money while swimming, fishing, and taking someone for a stroll thru the woods...http://www.tuffyproducts.com/index.html..could save $ by putting an ammo can with a lock in the back or under the seat to store your hard earned stuff.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode