My Bronco'c a BEAST!!! (short story) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2000, 10:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Bronco\'c a BEAST!!! (short story)

I went wheeling in the snow at Badlands in Attica Indiana with some friends Saturday, and My Bronco was awsome! It's a 88 fullsize Eddie Bauer with a 302 and AOD that my family thinks I'm crazy for wheeling... It's stock except 31" BFG A/Ts and swaybar dissconnects. They all went down this first ravine, and I thought it was too tight... Especially with the snow! I was going to take the bypass, but couldn't fit between two trees at the entrance. So, I decided to try the ravine. I slowly inched my way down, and thru much slipping, and spotting, and frame twisting, I made it down. (lifted front tire 4 ft. off the ground!)... They all cheered as I made it without damage! I went on all of the trails that these 2 highly modified jeeps led us down, and only needed the strap once, when I fell thru 6" of ice into a 3ft rut and almost slammed my whole driver's side into the dirt! (Glad I installed those nerf bar!) It climbed hills awsomely! Didn't even struggle up hills that 2 jeeps, and a scout had trouble with! (But in truth, amazingly a 99 Cherokee sport made it up one of them with ease) The guys were constantly amazed that my Bronoco sould motor thru just about anything! All I came out of the trip with was a slightly tweeked front bumper from a tree that "jumped" out in front of me. Anyway, just wanted to do some bragging!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2000, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: My Bronco\'c a BEAST!!! (short story)

Sounds like a blast, Indiana! I have an 87 with 31's and nerf's, and while it certainly cannot keep up with my Toyota, it is fun to drive and surprises me sometimes.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode