No oil pressure - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

No oil pressure

I have a 92 bronco with a 302. It has a 121,000 miles on it. I just recently purchased it. The truck is real clean and strait and ran well for a while. Now when I start it up the oil pressure goes up to normal on the gauge. then after it gets warmed up the oil pressure starts to fall. It gets to the point that the gauge is darting back and forth between high and low and then shows no oil pressure at all. I first thought it was the gauge because other gauges are also broken but it turns out that there is no pressure and it starts to rap and knock. I changed the oil, same thing. does this sound like a bad oilpump? Or does it sound like clogged oil passages? The oil that came out was clean and did not seem to have any visible metal in it or discoloration. Other than that the truck has great power and runs great. Any suggestions or comments would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2000, 07:47 AM
mudmonger

Re: No oil pressure

>>>Do run your engine any longer, unless you want to buy more than an oil pump. Unbolt the motormounts, lift the engine up a little ways and pull the pan. Check the oil pick-up screen for blockage and look for gunk in the bottom of the pan. If there is none replace the oil pump(even if you clean up some gunk you should replace the pump while your there). Replace the oil pan gasket with a new one. Replace oil and filter with new and start engine. This should take care of it unless something has happened to the drive gear for the oil pump. You should be able to tell when you put the new drive shaft in for your new pump. Hope everything turns out to be cheap for you. Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2000, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: No oil pressure

jack the motor up and jam 4x4 blocks of wood under the motor mounts. remove your oil pan repace the oil pump and the main and connecting rod bearings

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode