Buying 83 Bronco need input - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2000, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Buying 83 Bronco need input

Found an 83 full size Bronco auto V8 ....it appears to be a 351 ...at least it seems to have more guts than a 302...this is a beater ....a little rust here a little there.....cracked windshield and some other minor $hitbox detractions ......but @$400 and it runs (quietly)...shifts smoothly..no blow-by... and no "clunks" from the front end in 4WD .....I find it hard to pass up. OK.....now here's my question......is there anything "inherently" screwy with this year Bronco? This is my first experience with that "independant" heavy front end? .....and what rear(s) were commonly installed in this beast.....the rear has the pin holes for a case speader. The thing is worth the cash just for the running gear .....but I actually want to run this thing and don't want too much of a money pit.
Thanks in advance for any input!

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2000, 06:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go for it!

I wouldn't be suprised if it's a 302. They feel pretty torquey... Especially if you've never driven one. I'm not sure about the rear... it's either a 9" or 8.8. The front end, despite the "straight axle huggers" is prety tough. And the Articulation is awsome right out of the factory! I'd say you already know the biggest thing.... RUST! What you can see is only the beginning... Look under the front radiator support, body mounts, rear fenderwells and tailgate! Anyay, I don't think you can beat that price for a running trail rig! Throw some 31 or 32" meats on it and go play!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2000, 06:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Buying 83 Bronco need input

dude, if is as solid as you say, you could afford to put some $$$ in it if you are only paying $400.. if you don't buy it, I will beat you to it.

headers on a 6 banger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2000, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Buying 83 Bronco need input

Thanks guys ......I just needed a little push in the direction I was headin'

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode