Upgrading from '91 to '95 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Upgrading from \'91 to \'95

I have a 1991 Ford 5.0 EFI Silver Anniversary Edition Bronco, and it has the 302, 5.0 EFI engine with the E4OD tranny. My question is if anyone has ever heard or done an engine swap from a '95 Bronco or F-150 truck to a '91 Bronco. I am talking about taking the engine, computer and wiring harnesses, and accessories and putting them in my '91. Right now I don't know much about the donor vehicle. What I am wanting is the MASS Air system in my Bronco, and I know that in 1995 the Bronco and Trucks had it. Maybe not all of them, but I think I have found one.

So, if anyone can help solve the riddle, let me know.

Technoman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 11:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Upgrading from \'91 to \'95

I'm also interested in converting a 90 to 95. If you find any info let me know.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2000, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are you aware that there are companies that offer mass air coversion kits? If its mass air you want...I would imagine it would be easier to add mass air than to swap out an entire engine for it!! They cost about $600 bucks. You can get them from Ford Motorsport SVO or a company called proflow. You wont see any improvements in performance and not much improvement in gas mileage. I am assuming you want mass air so you can go with a more aggressive cam, intake, heads, etc?...because mass air is more tolerable to these mods, and speed density isnt?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2000, 11:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, I have heard of the SVO Mass Air Kit. I have a 5.0 and manual trans. In the future I hope to swap a 5.8 and E40D. That is the reason I am interested in the computer. Actually I not sure if that is even necessary? Has anybody else done something similiar or would know if I need a computer from a 5.8/E40D Bronco for this swap?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have checked with Ford Motorsport SVO and they offer the conversion kit for the manual trans and AOD trans, but not for the E4OD. And the other places are wanting $1000.00 to $1200.00 for the kits. The kits provide a Mustang computer for the fuel and ignition, and my computer runs the E4OD trans. Seems as if I would have just a little too much computer stuff to worry about. Plus running a code checker would be confusing, if not impossible.

I could get the motor, computer, and wioring harnesses for about $1200.00. Another thing is that the 1995 would surely have a roller cam and lifers. Making a swap all the easier. Yet, I still don't know if it is truely possible without many modifications. Like will the 1995 engine hook up to my trans, motor mounts, and such.

Considering the price I would be getting an engine that I could pre-modify at my own pace before dropping it in. And I hate paying those core charges and having to diliver back and forth.

Just trying to find the best solution, and someone that has done this. I truely doubt I am the first to think of doing this, but who knows.

Technoman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode