Bushwacker cut-outs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 04:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bushwacker cut-outs?

Has anyone installed these fender flairs on there 80-86 FS bronco or f-series? how much fender trimming is
required? how much more room is added for bigger tires?

Do'n it with only 6 cylinders!
member of Team boarcock off-road club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 06:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bushwacker cut-outs?

Hey,
I am really interested in installing these flares, bbut I have a question/problem. If you take a look under the hood of a Bronco, on the passengers side wheel well lining, theres a bunch of stuff mounted on the lining. I am assuming that when fender trimming is done, these wheel well liners need to be removed or relocated a few inches up. Where does all that stuff go thats mounted on the wheel well lining?

Roland

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-1999, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bushwacker cut-outs?

any info?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-1999, 08:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bushwacker Cut-outs

It seems to me that with the Bushwackers, you just move everything up accordingly. They come with relocation brackets, and send a template, and They say that the gas filler door needs to be modified (cut)From what I've been told, you trim approx. 2" all the way around the fender front and back. I've put the project on hold for now, because I'm buying a house, but When I get them and install them, I'll check back and let everyone know how they went. BTW, I was looking at Warn also, but If I remember right, Warns "cutout" flares aren't nearly as big as Bushwackers. I've decided on the Bushwackers!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, I called Bushwacker today...

I was interested in the Smooth cut-out flares for my 88 FS Bronco. They make them for 92-96 only. All they make for 91 and older are the "Pocket" design. I didn't want the recessed holes for the screws. So, I'm trying to figure out what the difference would be. I believe the fender profile is the same? I though that the same flares would fit mine too. Does anyone know the difference?
Also, they said that you don't cut all the way around the fender. Only a 2 3/4" angle at the front and rear of each fender. Anyway, I'm looking elsewhere for big smooth flares now. OH, BTW... If there is enough demand, they may come out with flares for the older models also. Call them at 1-800-970-8789

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: well, I called Bushwacker today...

The difference between the 92-96 fenders and the 91 and back is the newer ones allow for more clearance than the older ones. If you put them side by side you would see how they don't match up.

Later,

Bravoman

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2000, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

So, do you think that the newer flares would work on my 88?

If the newer fenders allow for more clearance, I'd think that the flares would match up OK. Maybe they include brackets or something that would have to be modified, but the shape of them should be OK. Right? I'm just about ready to order some, and hold them up to see if they'll work. I'm almost positive that they will.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2000, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: So, do you think that the newer flares would work on my 88?

Before I installed a set of Bushwhacker Extend-A-Fender flares I bought and returned a set of Cut Out flares. I read the instructions and it required cutting the existing fenders. The part that is cut off is needed later to install the new flares. This is why I don't think that the newer years will work for the pre 92 models. Depending on the size of the tire you may also have to cut the ends off of the stock bumper. I had a 3" body lift with the stock suspension height the stock bumper would rub my 35"BFG's when the wheel was turned and traveling upward, this on a paved road imagine what it would be like on the trail. Now I have added a 6" Pro-Comp sus. lift and had to replace the bumper due to an accident and they clear just bearly.

Unless your doing something radical with your truck go for it, I thought that it was too much trouble and wouldn't look as good.

Good Luck,

Bravoman

post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2000, 01:43 AM
mudmonger

Re: So, do you think that the newer flares would work on my 88?

>>>I have an 89 F-150, which, is basically the same as a Bronco from the doors forward. I also have a 6 inch Procomp suspension, but, I am running 36x12.5 Swampers. I had minor clearance problems with the back edge of the fenders(until I drove it off-road once)and, just for the time being, trimmed some of the rear sheetmetal off until I decide to spend money on the flares. As far as the bumper, I had to replace all the bolts(took it off for something, don't remember why now,but, the old bolts made me mad) and I seem to remember that it adjusts in and out as well as up and down(not a lot, but, it may give more clearance). If I get around to buying a set of cutouts this year I will post on the installation and how easy or hard it was. Laters.

NUFF SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode