superunner steering kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-1999, 02:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

superunner steering kit

can i use my dana 44ifs superunner kit on a dana 60 solid axle, i am planning to swap the ifs for a dana 60 solid...thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-1999, 04:39 PM
mudmonger

Re: superunner steering kit

>>>I believe the correct answer is no, and, you wouldn't need it with a solid axle. The reason for the super runner steering was to improve the poor hanling characteristics of the existing set-up. Since the axle halves swing in and arc motion when the suspension cycles, so does the super runner steering. The solid axle will mostly go straight up and down and would destroy your whole steering system if you tried to use it. Probably be best to use steering components from a late 70's F-250. Not exactly sure what year or style will have the parts you need, but, you get the point. You could probably fund atleast part of project just by selling that system to some one who wants it. Post it here and it will find a home. Good luck to ya. Laters.

NUFF SAID
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-1999, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm curious about the superrunner system. I was told by superlift that the steering system could only be used if you had the superlift suspension system but he didn't sound sure. Do you or anyone know if it can be used on an Explorer Pro-Comp lift kit. If so how much do you want for the steering system.

Email me at [email protected]

Alex Benoit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-1999, 12:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry, I dont believe it would work, but I wouldnt know for sure.. It bolts to the side of my superlift pivot bracket, so it probly only works with a lift...later

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-13-1999, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx for the info

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-1999, 12:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much of an improvement comes from a superunner kit? No bumpsteer? How easy would a Dana 60 solid axle swap be?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-1999, 01:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do have a lift kit, it's the Explorer Pro-Comp 6" lift. I would like to know how your passanger side bracket may differ from mine. Does it bolt to the bracket using the bolts that secure it to the cross member?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 04:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The superlift version has a section for 4 bolts that holds the superrunner system...I dont know what the procomp looks like...sorry, but you probly do need the superlift kit to use the steering kit, and it does make a big differance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode