Front Sway Bar - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-1999, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Front Sway Bar

I recently raised my truck up 6"s. I heard good things about the Pro Comp product and for the price I couldn't pass it up. I got the extended radius arms, brackets, 4 leaf springs(no blocks), coil springs, 6 shocks, drop pitman arm, and stainless brake lines all for $1,050. I got it from Summit Racing so shipping was free. After shopping around this was the best deal to be found for a complete kit, to the best of my knowledge that is.

My question is the front swaybar seems wrong. Explorer said that's the way it is, but I'm wondering is there something I could do to get it closer to the way it was. Seems that there is a lot of twist on it and the angle where it connects to the spring base seems severe.

Let me know.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Front Sway Bar

Did they include or sell extended swaybar links? I know mine would be too short to reach a 6" lift. You may have to make custom links. It shouldn't be too hard though. BTW, I've made custom swaybar dissconnects for mine front and rear. Stainless wingnuts and washers in rear, and clevis pins with cotter pins in front. I'm going to post more specifics soon.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-1999, 09:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know that explorer does'nt sell extenders for the swaybar but Superlift does there about 35 bucks. I'd love to know more about your quick disconnects.

Thanks,

Bravoman

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-1999, 12:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the superlift dropdown brackets, for a 6" lift. if your in washington state, you can have em' for $40. I got them new for $109..Chad arlington,wa

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-22-1999, 12:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry for butting in. Chad, you said you had the drop down brackets for a 6" ? Are you talkin about the sway-bar drop down brackets --OR-- the 2 axle drop down brackets. I am not interested in sway-bar brackets, but if you have the axle drop down brackets for a 6" I would be very interested! Thanks.

Roland

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode