Rear pickup conversion - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-1999, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear pickup conversion

Has anyone ever seen something that will convert the back of a Bronco into something more like a pickup?

I have seen the soft/hard top covers that let you leave the cap off the back. What I am looking for is something that would cover the carpet (XLT only?) in the back. Something like the plastic liners they have for pickups. It would be nice to be able to use my truck as a pickup when I need to carry things like transmissions/axels/refrigerators/motorcycles?, etc.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-1999, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rear pickup conversion

Why dont you just pull out all the carpet in the Bronco and put a spray in bedliner in? When you say pick-up, do you mean like having a seperate bed that is not attatched to the cab...like a true pick up truck? The only way I could think of doing this (and is also one of my future plans for my Bronco) Is placing an F150 regular cab body (minus the bed, only the front clip and the cab) onto the Bronco's frame and constructing a flat-bed for it.

roland

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-1999, 07:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't want another bed. I want to use the one on the truck.

I've thought about the spray on solution. The problem would be cleaning it (for when I need to put the carpet back in). I only want this to be temporary. If I get oil and grease on the liner, I'd have to clean it well before putting the carpet back in (plus the smell). It'd be easier if I could just remove the liner (I guess)...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-29-1999, 01:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, there are a few companies that make cargo area liners that go right above the carpet. from what i hear...they fit like a glove, very neat and clean looking. Shop around in catalogs.

Roland

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Perfect.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. What companies? What catalogs?

Thanks!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[censored]Re[censored]: [censored]Rear[censored] [censored]pickup[censored] [censored]conversion[censored]

[censored]Jeez[censored], [censored]my[censored] [censored]previous[censored] [censored]reply[censored] [censored]got[censored] [censored]all[censored] [censored]marked[censored] [censored]up[censored] [censored]with[censored] "[censored]censored[censored]" [censored]all[censored] [censored]over[censored] [censored]it[censored]. [censored]I[censored] [censored]didn[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]say[censored] [censored]Chevy[censored]. [censored]honest[censored].<[censored]br[censored]>[censored]Anyway[censored], [censored]for[censored] [censored]your[censored] [censored]cargo[censored] [censored]liner[censored], [censored]try[censored] [censored]Summit[censored], [censored]800[censored]-[censored]230[censored]-[censored]3030[censored]. [censored]They[censored] [censored]have[censored] [censored]at[censored] [censored]least[censored] [censored]two[censored] [censored]for[censored] [censored]full[censored] [censored]size[censored] [censored]Broncos[censored].<[censored]br[censored]>[censored]Norm[censored]<[censored]br[censored]><[censored]br[censored]>[censored]NormSpeed[censored]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-01-1999, 10:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

summit racing. free catalog by calling 18002303030 get the one made by a company called "Husky Floor Liners" or "Husky Liners" (i dont remember which one is the company's name)

roland

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 12:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry guys, I really didn't say anything awful, the forum software just decided to censor my message. Those crazy computers! BTEW, I agree, Summit is a good source.
Norm

NormSpeed
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 02:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heh, I like the censored one.

Thanks guys!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-05-1999, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, I thought this guy really doesn't like the idea of a bronco pickup! Pretty funny, thanks for the laugh.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode