vibrations after driving in creek - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-1999, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

vibrations after driving in creek

I have a 93 full-size and a couple days ago I accidently went too deep in a creek and I had water coming in both doors and the tailgate..but amazingly I got it out. However, now when I accelerate I can hear and feel a hum, which sounds alot like the distant hum of mud tires going down the pavement. Also, it seems like when I'm doing 75 or so, and I let off the gas, it does the same thing. I'm also hearing a sqeaking noise, but that could be the hubs (I'm about to grease them now). Also, at a certain speed, around 55mph, I get real vibrations that feel like their coming from the rear. What is the likely cause of these vibrations? It's possible that I sucked water into the diff/transfer case lines, if that would cause this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-1999, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: vibrations after driving in creek

Yes it is possible that you sucked water into your axles. Ford recommends that when you go through deep water you should do maintenance on the hubs and axles to get any water out, remember water and oil don't mix.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-1999, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can bet that you have water in the diffs, tranny, and transfercase unless your vent lines are above your front fenders. Yes repack your hub bearings also, I lost a spindle/bearing/hub 60 miles after exactly the same 'fun'. Went through alot of 90w and made my vent hoses longer for next time
Good Luck,
Rick-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-1999, 08:05 PM
mudmonger

>>>This is a little after the fact, but, when I put new axle and t-case vents on my truck I used 3/4" air compressor hose. I started at the rear axle, with a gererous amount loose for axle movement, and ran along the inside of the passenger frame rail until I could enter the engine compartment near the back of the front wheel well. I then went up near the soleniod(water goes this high and I better learn to swim) and ended it with a loop(open end pointing down about 6 inches so water can't just fall in). I then spliced into this one hose along the frame for the t-case and the front axle. Never found a vent for my manual 5-speed-should be one for an automatic though. If anyone reading this knows of a vent on the manual(mazda tranny) please let me know-I alread replaced one and don't want to spend any more on another(good excuse to get that 435 I want though). I've also seen people put different types of filters in the end of the hose to protect a little more from water and other debris. Well, hope that helps a little. Later.

NUFF SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode