Need Help in 95 Bronco stereo wiring - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-1999, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Need Help in 95 Bronco stereo wiring

I was installing new speakers in my 95 Bronco, and was wondering is someone knew the color of the door speaker wires in regards to positive or negative.

Sorry for the non-4x4 post, but I've got to have tunes[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

David
Davids 4x4 Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-1999, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need Help in 95 Bronco stereo wiring

It doesn't really matter.

The audio is AC so there is no positive/negative. As long as all of the speakers are in phase.

To make them "in phase", just make sure all the connections are hooked up the same way on all the speakers. So if you have the wire-with-the-line-on-it going to the small post of one speaker, make sure the wire-with-the-line-on-it is on the small post of the other speakers...

If they are not in phase then the speaker will sound flat (the bass will be the most flat vs. a nice sharp/loud bass).

Hope this helps!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I recently upgraded my sound system (86 Bronco) and the speaker wiring is like nothing I've ever seen. It's called a floating ground system. To make it worse, the fronts are fixed and the rears are floating grounds. I found out too late that I could have bought good speakers from a place called Crutchfield and they would have provided plug-in speaker adaptors free. I could have avoided the wire cutting and head scratching. Anyway, if you're interested I can give you the color codes for front and rear, and -, but for an 86. May be the same...?
Norm

NormSpeed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

Go ahead & pass on the color codes - they may work.

I would have gotten the speakers from Crutchfield, but I got these speakers and the head unit in trade for some parts. Thanks for all the help!

David
Davids 4x4 Page
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, one other caution: If the head unit isn't a Ford floating ground, you either need to re-wire the speakers or buy a high power to floating ground adaptor. I used the adaptor, but only on the front circuits. $50 from Crutchfield.

R.R. Negative: green w/red stripe
R.R. Positive: pink with thin blue stripe

R.F. Negative: black with grey stripe*
R.F. Positive: white with green stripe

L.R. Negative: pink with thick blue stripe
L.R. Positive: pink with thin green line

L.F. Negative: black with grey stripe *(RF and LF neg share this wire)
L.F. Positive: orange with green stripe

The front positive wires miraculously changed colors by the time they reached the speakers, but as long as you know the negs are black/grey, you'll be ok.

My advice would be to rewire and be done with it! Good luck..
Norm

NormSpeed
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a monster sound system to match my truck, 3 amps, 6 speakers and a 700watt dual 10" bandpass subwoofer in the cargo area. I also installed a 10 disk cd changer, Sony CD head unit, tv and vcr. I make this sound clean even with an MSD ignition. I agree with the other guy, rewire and do it right so the only whinning you hear is from your wife. But then again thats what the stereos for, to drown her out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode