Feel I need to give the BIO as well - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Feel I need to give the BIO as well

My name is Eric and I own an 85 Bronco. Body has cancer, but the drive train is gettting better. I am a straight six kind of guy so I built up a 300 I-6 and mated it to a NP435 transmission. Have the Dana 44HD up front and an 8.8" in the rear. I just blew it and feel the need to spend money. I kept the housing and installed 4.11 gears, Moser axles, Detroit Locker, heavy duty inspection plate with carrier bearing braces and an extra beefy axle truss. I feel it was flex that broke it rather than power. I run the factory transfer case which is a NP208 which needs rebuilt. I now have 8,000 miles on my new engine and love it. I run dual outlet headers with a 4bbl intake and a 270 degree cam. A holley 600 cfm zinc plated carb sits on top with every trick in the book done to it. Holley ignition fires it with a custom exhaust that has performance and emissions in mind. I think I have more fun working on this rig than I do driving it. Why else would I blow that kind of money on a 1/2 ton axle instead of putting in a Dana 60. And spend too much money on a straight six over throwing in a big block. I think it is because not many people choose my route and that makes for a great challenge. Let me know if I can help with problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Feel I need to give the BIO as well

Another Fellow Inliner Hey? How does that Holley 600 CFM work ontop of your 6 popper? I'm running a Holley 450CFM on top of an Offenhauser dual port intake and out threw the dual outlet Hooker Super Comp Headers. On the inside I have a 260* cam and 9.2:1 compression with an adjustable valve trane.spark comes from a MSD 6T ignition box and coil. Did you ever have your engine Dyno'd I was shocked when Mine pulled 231 HP @ 4000RPM and 343 ft-lbs. @ 2000 RPM. And I don't have the ignition timing worked out yet, the stock DuraSpark Distibutor just wasn't designed to run up to 5500 RPM. the rest of my 83' Bronco consists of D44 up front, Swapped in 9" rear, NP435 granny tranny, swapped in 205 Transfer case, 4" suspention(Soon to be installed) and a 3" body lift the Fit the Newly Aquired Buckshot radial Q78's(36.5x10.5x15)tires. I'm only running 3:50 gears because the 300-6 has Tons of Bottom end power, and I do 15,000 miles a year on road.

Do'n it with only 6 cylinders!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode