Hello everyone - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-1999, 07:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello everyone

Well, since things are going so slow for this Bronco BBS, I'm gonna try to get the ball rollin' with a little info' bout myself and my Bronco. After reading this please do the same. Let us all know who you are and a bit about your rig.
My name is Roland Tiangco and I live in Houston,TX. I'm a youngun probably compared to all off yall (I'm 18)and I'm a freshman at UofH. My Bronco is of the Eddie Bauer species and is almost ten years old (its a 1990). I'm a member of a Texas club called TX4x4 and go ''froadin as much as possible. Its got a rebuilt 5.0L 302 and E40D tranny,2.5 inch suspension lift, K&N filter and Flowmaster exhaust, Rancho RS9000s all around, Eagle alloy wheels, and thats all i can think of right now.

Roland

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-1999, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hello everyone

Hello Roland,

My name is Mark Thomas, I go by MarkT on this board. My current Bronco is an 86, 351HO engine, 3-Speed Auto, Holley 4-barrel, K&N
Gibson cat-back exhaust. Running 32 x 11.50 x 15 tires. Put on a warn winch and bumper (I use it most to pull up trees and bushes in the yard),
Have a 3 inch Rancho suspension lift. Lock-rite up front, original limited slip in back, but rebuilt and adjusted up real tight.

I bought it brand new off the lot, now have 90,000 miles on it. I go offroading in the Arizona deserts and mountains a lot, mostly up to Crown King and Coperopolis on the northwest side of Phoenix, and to the box canyon, Cockran coke ovens, Maritinez Canyon on the
Southwest side of town. I only take it offroading and hunting now, it sits in the garage mostly. I drive my new car to work.

Have had several other 4 wds
(Chev, Dodge, Misubishi) and this one is definitely the best.

I'm 52 now, and don't do much heavy work on the truck myself - more tyoical is doing the brakes
, troubleshooting electrical problems, and doing air-conditioning work, plugs, etc. is mostly it.

I have taken several rookie drivers on training runs to teach them about desert offroading. I belong to a local employee club here,
the Desert Rats, and we go out on expiditions as often as possible. Some published runs, like Axle Alley, are
axle busters, and we don't do them, although we go there and hike to the top. I have found that many of the difficult runs (level 4 or 5) also have easier roads beside them (level 2 or 3), and we often take those, and then a few challenging hills.

I like to see more people get into off-roading. Too many people have bought fantastic rigs, but never took them off road to find out.

I am currently looking for a 96 Bronco to fix up like my old one.

MarkT

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-1999, 12:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everybody,

I'm Alex Benoit I go by Bravoman on this board and live in New York City. That's right during the week I have a mild mannered suv and on the weekends it becomes a off-roading maniac monster truck. I'm thinking of naming it Broncosaurus.

I beat on an 89 Full Size XLT Bronco it has the 351W enging and C4 tranny, manual transfer case and hubs. It has 110K and the engine and tranny have never been touched, for repairs or mods. And It runs better than new. It came with a unique paint job that I haven't seen on any other Bronco, not that its fancy or anything it's just different and makes my truck recognizable.

Some of the mods are:
6" Pro-Comp Lift System, 3" Body Lift Kit, 35x12.5 BF Goodrich AT's
MSD 6A Iginition with high power coil, Jet Performance Module,
JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Filtercharger Kit,
AMP-TECH 140 amp alternator, 4.56 gears front and back,
Detroit EZ Locker in back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-1999, 04:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi I'm Tom and I'm a Broncoholic. I always wanted a Bronco,a big Bronco. Got it
last year and love it. Put a 4-5 inch Tuff Country lift on it(long story).
Drives and looks great. My son named it 'Broncozilla'. So thats where it came
from and I'm proud of it!

Planning on putting 33x12.5x15 Goodrich muds on it soon. No other big plans for
now.

I live in Minneapolis Minn.(and yes our Governor CAN beat up your governor).
I am a structural engineer by trade. Been wheelin' for 1/2 year now.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-1999, 05:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello everyone, My name is Ken Pomposelli and I have a 1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8 351 e4od. My truck just reached 89,000 and still runs strong. It is stock except for some minor cosmetics (visor, bug deflector and rain guards). I plan on making some upgrades in terms of exhaust, lift, tires and K&N airfilter when the time comes. That seems to be what most people upgrade. I live in North Providence Rhode Island and I am still trying to find a place to go off roading, I have been on a couple of small trails but I dont think they were made for the full size bronco, but I didn't see any no trespassing signs so I went for it. If anyone is familliar with Rhode Island any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-27-1999, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, my name is Max Kalkstein and I go by sarutobi (flying monkey, my Japanese martial arts name.). I live in NYC (hey, bravoman, how come I've never seen your rig?) and my daily driver is a 90 Eddie Bauer. So far, lots o' bucks and and a few mods later, it's still not finished.

So far, 4" Trailmaster lift, 33X12.5 BFG A/T's on 15X10 Progressive wheels, new ball joints, shocks, rebuilt front diff and rear driveline, custom rubber floor interior for easy-clean, and soon to get K & N air filter and fender flares. After that, who knows? I don't know what else to do. Probably something with the exhaust. Any suggestions?

Later,

Max.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 12:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sarutobi,If you go off roading often,how bout some lockers?

Roland

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 09:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got into off-roading. I actually got a 4X4 to battle the city streets with ease (cars don't last long in NYC). Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't lockers prevent backwards slipping? What should I look into and how costly are they?
Thanks,
Sarutobi.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, I am assuming you have an open differential in the rear. This means that when off roading, most power is distributed to the one rear wheel with less resistance. For example, if your right rear wheel is in the air not touching ground (no resistance) it will receive all the power and your left wheel will just sit there on the ground, not turning. This makes it easier to get stuck. With lockers, both wheels positively turn at more or less the same rate,...no matter what. So if you were in the same situation w/ lockers and only one wheel is touching the ground, or has traction, it will turn at more or less the same rate as the one in the air. This all aplies to the front differential as well, but I have heard that it makes it almost impossible to steer. So I would advise buying a rear locker. A good one is the Detroit Locker, but they are pricey ($450) or you can go with a lock right which uses all the existing gears, and can be installed by the shadetree mechanic for about $300. I'm not positive about the prices, but they should give you a rough idea of how much they cost.

Roland

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi my name is Brandon and I'm a member of numerous 12 step pro...... Opps sorry wrong saying. I go by Bog'n on this message board. I have an 83' FS XLT with a 3" body lift and soon to be 4" suspention lift. I plan on Getting radial Q78 Buckshot mudders(315/85R 15's)soon. I swapped out the 8.8" rear for a 31 spline 9" and locker. Power comes from a 230HP 306cid inline six which produces 340 ft-lbs of touque at a 1800 rpm. now that is some useable power. I bought the Bronco whenI turned 16 (4.5 years back) and it was a rust bucket. now it is in near show quality shape(except for 4x4'n scratches/minor dent.) I also have now a Bone stock 84' bronco custom with rust included for winter driving up in northern Minnesota.....

Do'n it with only 6 cylinders!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode