'82 Bronco & Non adjustable distributor - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-1999, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

\'82 Bronco & Non adjustable distributor

Hey Gang,
My 82 Bronc' equipped w/ a 302 & non-adjustable timing( I think it's the Duraspark III system, cuz that's the only ign. system that I know of, that doesn't have an adjustable distributor) She cranks over but won't catch and when I try to reset her timing she starts to spit gas out the carb from disgust! So far I have replaced the waterpump, fuel pump, plug wires, spark plugs, and coil! She used to run strong but ever since I replaced the waterpump, I had began to replace most of my ignition system. I don't believe it could be the timing chain/sprockets because she was running perfectly fine until I replaced the waterpump. DO ANY OF YA GUYS KNOW HOW MANY DeGREES SHE HAS TO BE SET BTDC? It says in the Bronco service manual to look @ the underhood sticker, but that has been gone for quite some time now.In order to set the timing do I (A) Line up the notch in the harmonic balancer to the pointer on the timing cas, then set the distributor back down in the block and point the rotor to the #1 terminal on the cap (B) Line up the appropriate degrees on the harmonic balancer to the piointer on the timing case then set the distributor down" . . . . . " or (C) get a couple sticks of dynamite and blow the 302 out of the Bronc' and drop in the bigblock that's sittin in my backyard?????? PLEASE, any help,comments, or ideas would be duely noted. . .

TIA,
Jeremy-19 and already bald. . .no
it's not genetics or a new hair cut,
just 100% pure FRUSTRATION!!!
AAARrrRGHHGGGGHhghgH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-03-1999, 10:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: \'82 Bronco & Non adjustable distributor

Jeremy,
Did you solve your timing problem yet? If not let me know I can help. Had an 82 myself once. I kept it less than a year, but boy did I work on it.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-1999, 06:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

WAS Re: \'82 Bronco & Non adjustable distributor-NOW parts 4 sale

Yah I solved it!
I just dropped in a bigblock! HahHAhA, anyone interested in a Gibson Cat-back exhaust system, a carbbed 302, an NP208, and a C6 tranny. On, and BTW, the problem was sorta the timing, actually I blew a head gasket and had only 5 cylinders a' poppin.' I live in So. Cali. . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeremy, what's up with the Gibson? I may be interested. I live in SoCal too.
Noem

NormSpeed
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-1999, 10:58 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: \'82 Bronco & Non adjustable distributor

You probably have an EEC 111, which means that the dist pick-up is mounted on the front of the timing cover, and gets it's referance from the crank. If you changed the water pump, did you knock the sensor wire off? This would a good place to look first. Turning the dist. on these models won't do anything except raise the secondary circuit gap, so don't try to modify timing by turning the dist.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2000, 05:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live about 20 mins away from you Normspeed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode