Will I regret a 2" body lift? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will I regret a 2\" body lift?

Will I regret getting a 2" body lift? How much of a pain is it to install in a 1990 Bronco? Can I use a high lift jack to lift the body? Will it wack out the steering wheel, brakes, etc? Thanks

Bakes
97 Wrangler
90 Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 11:07 AM

Re: Will I regret a 2\" body lift?

I have not done one, but a post I read mentioned that the worst part of the job was that the bolts were very rusted and VERY difficult to get unstuck. I don't think there will be issues with 2" concerning steering shaft, radiator and what not. You would need to check all this to confirm afterwards. Soak the bolts with a loosening oil and have a heavy pry bar. May even need air tools, i.e. cut off saw. It would probably be easier to go with a 2" suspension lift. Uses the stock radius arms, blocks in rear, new coils. Alignment afterwards becomes main thing, and there have been some recent threads on this, so maybe someone will step in on this.

The Juice, '95 Ford Bronco XLT, White, 5.8, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 35's, 4.10, ARB/LSD, lots else
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 05:27 PM

Re: Will I regret a 2\" body lift?

I have a 3" body lift on my '88, and i only ran into a couple small problems.....
#1: the parking brake cable from the pedal to the adjuster needs to be lengthened an equal amount to the lift, or youll [censored] it up, as i did
#2there will be gaps between the body and your bumpers as a result of the lift, since the bumpers are mounted to the chasis. (i have pics if you wanna see) I am told you can put a 1 or 2 inch lift on the bumpers, but i dont reccomend it, it might be bad should you get into an accident
#3Random grounding straps spread around the body will be a little stretched, but i actually only broke 1
otherwise, its not that bad at all, and when i lift my truck again later this year, i do not intend to remove the body lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode