More about Radius Arms? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 05:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

More about Radius Arms?

Where can I find A set of "Aftermarket" Radius Arms for my Bronco? The problem is I have already bent the pass. side 1 time,straightened it and gave it an alignment(I know it's not perfect)But it happened on street when a little import decided to blow a tire in front of me and slammed on his brakes, and I bumped A curb,didn't even go over the curb just A good bump and bent it bad enough to all but rub the tire on the back of the fender...anyone else found them to bend easy?.... I also do not want to lift my Bronco... I have seen the extended arms for that purpose... but i enjoy the thing to much and feel "If you got A good thing why mess with it" I do get on the trails when work allows it and I am running 32/11.50-15.... Anyone know of any stronger units than stock,but in stock mounting,length ETC?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: More about Radius Arms?

yes, i agree that they are fairly week, but i have seen them hold up to a lot more then ur describing. the problem is the strength design, when taking a sideloading impact like you describe. the older trucks had cast iron, which were nicer. my recoomendation, would be to try to find another set, and get some more material welded into them. perhaps put tubing or angle iron from front to back? jsut an inexpensive thought that should work well.

Dominic

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , I am at screen name iskybantilus on instant messenger.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 04:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I hadn't thought about reinforcing the stocks, but that may be about the only way to get some more strength if aftermarket arent availabel. I already have a set of arms I yanked from a local yard (what A chore).... my only question: is there much chance of distorting them from the heat of the welding? and would you weld them up on or off the vehicle?
thanks again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 08:36 PM

You can install the extended arms without a lift. You will have more wheel travel, but that is a good thing!

Havack!

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/broncodata
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Pooh-Bah

I'm sure it depends on the manufacturer, but I have a couple general questions.
1) How much longer are the extended arms?
I'm looking under my rig, and it appears you can only go around 14" longer until you run into the skid plate.
2) Do the extended arms provide more caster?
I would think they do, to compensate for a lift, but I've never seen any up close.

WD-40 Reverend Grip-Shift
85 Bronco XLT, '69 351W, C6-Shift Kit, 9"-Detroit, Dana 44-Tru Trac, 2" Lift, 33X12.5s
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 01:49 PM

You can only go 10 inches longer with the manual tranny.

Havack!

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/broncodata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode