6incher.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 10:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

6incher....

i just installed a 6inch lift on my 85' bronco superlift i have drove about 400 miles since installing is there anything that i should check???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 6incher....

look under there and make sure everything you installed is still attached to the vehicle. if it is, that is a good thing. i would retorque all bolts with a torque wrench to the specs in the instructions, especially the rear ubolts if you used lift blocks, but even if you didnt.

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:07 PM

What all options did you get on your lift? Extended radius arms, etc. How do you like it? Is there any rubbing? I have a Superlift 6" with extended radius arms, superunner steering system, and rear blocks. My tires rub on the radius arms during full lock, do you have this problem? All you have to do is adjust the turn-stop bolts, but I'm too lazy. Do you tires rub on the front trailing fenders during full lock and compression? Lots of questions.

90 BRONCO Custom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 05:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

on my lift i got pretty much the basics but i got dual shocks in the front stock radius arms becuase the superunner kit cost about 300$ more so... i got blocks in the back and i am about to get leafsprings to add a little bit more height in the back but i dont have any problem with running unless i really stomp on it then the back fenders some time rub on the tires so i am thinking about getting a 2 or 3 inch body lift what do you think??? but other then that i think that everything is really great and boy do i have some storys to tell already

85' Bronco XLT - 351W 6inch Superlift, 35x15.50 Tsl, 15x10 American Alloys, Black and Chrome, soon to be lockers and 4.56's in both ends
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 12:39 PM

Thats weird how you tires rub on the rear fenders. Could just be wheel hop and new leaves w/no blocks could help fix that problem. I dont think you should need to do a body lift, unless you want bigger tires. Got any pics?

90 BRONCO Custom

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Mud in my Veins

nah, a body lift shouldn't be needed. i am really surprised you are having problems with 35's and the 6" lift. I have plenty of room in the rear with my 5.5" blocks, enough to where i could probably run around on 38's on the street just fine. The front is very different though, under a hard flex i can get my 35x12.5 bfg's to rub the fender by the doors, and they've done a little body work for me already (natural fender trimming, they take what they need ;-) Seeing that it's an 85, would you be willing to trim the fenders and put on some flares? I've been thinking bout doing that to my 93, taking out as much sheet metal as possible and putting on some good looking flares. 6" lift is about all i want on my daily driver, but if this truck ever becomes my full-time mud toy, hang on it's going HIGH. One other note, you can do a shackle reversal in the back using mid-80's f250 hangers and it's supposed to give 5 to 6" lift alone, so you could then add some blocks if needed, but I doubt you would need to. It would cost less than $50 bucks and wouldn't change the ride quality.

I would also like to see some pics of your rig on those swampers, I've always liked those 35x15.5 looks and I bet they rip the mud up like no other. I'm considering doing a solid front axle swap, cutting the fenders, doing 5.13 gears (i've run the math, it ain't bad with 29% OD), and putting on some 38.5x16 swampers (maybe radials) with some lesser backspaced wheels (these wheels rub like a mofo already). I need to change gears anyway, so I'm thinking if I put in 5.13's with the 35's and decide it's too low, I'll just have to "fix my problem" by putting on some taller tires. Makes sense, no? :-)

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 11:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

alright heres the deal i am about to get some pictures when me and my friends go on our mudding trip but my tires are wore out i got them from a friend and he let me buy them off of him for about 100 they lasted a good 400 miles now i have 33's on same width same tire from a different guy who just let me have them with a little better tred i am about to invest in some 35" or 36" boggers becuase i am getting an old 85' f-150 pickup for my daily driver instead of my bronco compare the gasmilage 5 to 16-18 you decide anyways when i get my pictures back i will show you guys and i will post them, i really i am not wanting to trim anything right now cuase i want to try to leave the fenders stock but hey who knows what will happen....

85' Bronco XLT - 351W 6inch Superlift, 35x15.50 Tsl, 15x10 American Alloys, Black and Chrome, soon to be lockers and 4.56's in both ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode