Questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 11:51 PM
Larnach

Questions

Im redoing the interior in my 88 Bronco and I had some questions about certain parts here and there.

First off, I have a dilemma with my front carpet. I ripped it to shreds getting it out of there and now I can only find the same color carpet in an auction on eBay, its for 88-96 F-series passenger trucks. Now I assume that it is the same floorboard arrangement right? I might have to do some tripping at the rear, but is it the same?

Second, the wiring harness on my driver side seatbelt, does this need to be hooked up? My latch system on the drivers side is broken and I can only salvage a passenger side belt without the wiring harness, does this matter?

Third, where in the world can I find those dash bezels for the radio, gauges, control, and storage area? I would like to get the all black bezels, but the wood grain would do just fine. I can't find ones that fit my controls on any salvage vehicle, this is insane to try and find any 87-96 ford in a salvage yard around here.

Last but not least, anybody find a way to bolt their seats up without using the factory brackets? The left rear driver seat floorpan mount fell out (yes it fell out), and the right front passenger mount dropped into the aluminium tray above the tranny just a few hours ago. I assume I would just use a huge washer, because you can't get your fingers in there to hold the broken parts to braze them, and I already tried JB weld and Bondo, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 01:25 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Questions *

1. JC Whitney sells carpets, but they're about $120 for each of the 2 pieces. Standard-cab pickup carpets don't go under the bench seat and arent' long enough anyway to cover the rear seat footwell area - you have to get a carpet from an extended-cab pickup if you can't get a Bronco front carpet.

2. The seatbelt switch is open when the belt is buckled, which is electrically the same as disconnected. NO, you don't have to have it hooked up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

3. There are plenty of those trucks in every junkyard I've ever been to - where are you looking? I can probably pick some up & ship them to you in the next 4 weeks - exactly which ones do you need and what's the most you want me to pay for them? My ZIP is 38118 and the box will probably weigh less than 5lb. BTW The dash interchange is '87-91, not '87-96.

4. I had the same problem on this '82 body when I bought it - I had a 1/4" plate welded to the floor for the driver's seat, and I was able to hold a nut under the passenger's seat while I installed the bolt there.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 01:34 AM
Larnach

Re: Questions

The carpet I am looking at is for a crew cab truck, I just got a chance to look at my dad's work truck (89 F250) and it looks like it should fit perfect, if anything its a bit long.

Seat belt... all right there.

Ive looked all around my area for trucks in that model year, I cant find any ones with a blue interior, I need door panels too, I can use the belts and carpet from the early models, but as you said 87-91 is the only model year for the dash.

How much would you think it would run to salvage those and get a little something to cover your cost.

Im in Concord, CA 94521-1400

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 01:49 AM
Mud in my Veins

Exactly what pieces do you want???

Door panels? What style? '87-91 I guess, but do you have power locks & windows? Do you have cloth on the door panels?

The instrument cluster trim? The radio & A/C trim? What else? Do you want me to look for a blue seat belt, or is your hard blue cover in good enough shape to install on another belt? (There's only a staple holding the belt in the cover and you can slide the cover over any color belt.)

When you get a chance, fill out some of your bio.

[email protected]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Broncomania turned me on to a great site for dashboards and door panels. coverlaymfg.com . I'm going to order new panels in the next couple of weeks. They are $175 including shipping.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Shilo

At the risk of stating the obvious, check Ebay. I got the trim which goes around the instrument cluster and, of course, includes the two vents on either side of the instruments for an '87-91 truck off Ebay. FWIW

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 04:07 PM
Larnach

I will see how much I have left over to spend on my budget when I get done with the sound deadener, carpet, stuff like that.

Im going to go parts searching this whole week so if I can't find anything I will let you know.

Steve, can't you simply cutout where a manual window knob is and put the electric window/lock switches there?

I appreciate the help guys.

One last thing, are all the 87-91 trucks pretty much the same when it comes to the instrument bezels, with the exception of the diesel model with the alternate tank and "Wait to Start" light, are there any other differences?

Thanks

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Mud in my Veins

Door panels

No, the manual door panel is molded differently from the power one. '80-86 could be changed like that, but not yours or '92-97.

The diesel dash trim is done that way, though: the "Wait to Start" etc. are cut into a standard dash trim. Even gas trucks had dual tanks, though. I think there might be differences in the layout of the warning lights across the middle of that panel, but I'm not sure.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode