poor handling - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Ford 67-96 F-Series, 78-96 Bronco All discussions of 67-96 F-Series Trucks and 78-96 Broncos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2001, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

poor handling

I put a 2" lift on the bitch and I can't get her to handle at all. I went to three alignment shops including the dealer and they all suggested axle pivot drop. I contacted rancho suspension and they told me that you donot need this with only 2" lift. This truck is all over the road. The alignment shops could not get it properly aligned and I got the largest caster/camber bushing you can buy. I thought it was something else in the steering but I was wrong. I changed all the bushings to polyurethane, New shocks rancho 5000 all the way around. New lower steering rod with rag joint and I added a steering stabilizer. I just put on 33-12.5-15 I acually got 3.75" of total lift from my stock height and 31's. The old springs were really sagging. Anybody having same problem-or have a solution. I'm gonna put a 4" lift on some time next fall but until then I'm afaid to drive it.

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: poor handling

hmm, this rings a bell, i think somebody went through this a couple months ago. what degree bushing do you have in there? i know the lift companies have some that are quite a bit more extreme than the ones you can get at NAPA.

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I got the largest bushing available 2and3/4 degree. that is the largest they make for a bronco.

<font color=blue>Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!<font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 11:13 PM

i have a set of 2.5 inch drops for cheap.

now i got a 92 351, detroit, with dana 44 solid w/ARB 36x14.50 TSL radials. waiting on 8 inch lift.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 11:13 PM

i have a set of 2.5 inch drops for cheap.

now i got a 92 351, detroit, with dana 44 solid w/ARB 36x14.50 TSL radials. waiting on 8 inch lift.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 03:02 PM

How do you know for sure it is the amount of caster/camber you are using? You mentioned the alignment shop said they could not align it, did they say it was due to not enough camber/caster bushing? Front steering components OK? Tie rods?

The Juice, '95 Ford Bronco XLT, White, 5.8, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 35's, 4.10, ARB/LSD, lots else
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Yes, The shop said all steering components are in good shape. They also said that there is not enough adjustment on the bushing. So he got it as close as possible. He also suggested the drop down.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i was the one with the same problem this summer. did u raise the rear of the truck as well? i found that if the back is not raised accordingly it throws the camber way off. i also hated the truck sitting level. it needs that factory rake in my opinion.

Dominic

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , I am at screen name iskybantilus on instant messenger.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i was the one with the same problem this summer. did u raise the rear of the truck as well? i found that if the back is not raised accordingly it throws the camber way off. i also hated the truck sitting level. it needs that factory rake in my opinion.

Dominic

but yes, those 2 degree blocks they sell are crap, i dunno who told rancho they would work. order the 2-3/4 ones from ingals, they are also adjustible, so if u dont need all the adjustment, just throw the caster back a little.

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , I am at screen name iskybantilus on instant messenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode