88 ramcharger brake help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Question 88 ramcharger brake help

hi this is mike. i just bought a 88 ram charger 4x4 with the 318.it runs great after cleaning the egr,and plugs and wires.on the master cylinder the front chamber was dry.i have filled it and bleed the brakes till i got clean fluid,on all four wheels.i did not get any air, and the only chamber on the mastercylinder the needed refilling was the front.the baxck brakes are working fine but the front do not move at all.i have good pressure while bleeding on the front and the back How do i reset the perportioning valve? on my f-250 79 you hold the little nipple out with a clip and bleed them. then very slowly push the brake peddle. while my wife pushes the peddle on the ram the nipple pushes out on its own when the peddle is pushed. what is the trick? thanks mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Apprentice

you need to JAB [ hit] the pedal hard a couple of times to recenter it / you,ll know when it does because the pedal will drop / then rebleed the fronts / and it cant hurt to bleed the rears to get fresh fluid also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode