Need a VIN plate - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 AM
76w100

deleted

deleted thread

Last edited by 76w100; 05-20-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Addict

Why don't you just fix it so it passes? If you get caught with a truck where the VIN plate doesn't match the numbers stamped on the frame, you can get in big trouble.

Here in Connecticut, you can get a emissions waiver if you spend $600 and it still doesn't pass... though the emissions system must be complete. But then, CT doesn't smog check anything over 25 years old anyway...

-Dana

I love my country, but I fear my government.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

Yeah - I'm pretty sure it's illegal to buy a vin plate off another vehicle and switch it out, so maybe you don't want to advertise that request?

Just ask to buy an old junker from someone, or advice to fix what ya got...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
76w100

thanks to those that replied...bought a 73 junker, so reg is legit now....ill delete ths thread as soon as i figure out how to...btw, swapping vins is a more common practice in CA than most like to admit because of the strict smog laws, but mostly people that simply want to keep the body of their car because its not all rusted out switch them around....when theres a 75 and 76 of the same model car/truck, and the 76 wont pass smog, swapping the vins is likened to switching the bodies and frmaes...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
76w100

can you delete a thread?

again, thanks to those who replied...i got the 76 to pass smog and the 73 should be up and running soon (needs brakes and front axle seal) so just to clarify any issues to those who thought i was trying to break the law....i needed another pre-smog truck so I could swap out the bodies on them, because mine is a stepside and very clean for its year, so it would have been quite tragic to throw away a truck like that...so the everything but the cab of the 76 is going onto the 73's frame, as it is a 3/4 ton adn has a stronger motor, so VIN plates will not be actually swapped...just the bodies, and the cabs will stay on the original trucks, so there are no registration laws broken...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode