tire pressure - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 12:12 AM
chuck38

Question tire pressure

Hi guys,
I just had a set of Nitto 325 70R 17 Terra Grapplers put on my 2006 Ram 1500 TRX4. It is the regular cab, short box and I had a 2 1/2" leveling kit with 1" wheel spacers put on to clear the tires. The wheels are the factory 17" x 8" wide. The tire dealer put 50# of air in them, but Nitto said 40#, most of my driving will be paved highway. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Apprentice

the best way to find the correct tire pressure for your truck front and rear is the CHALK method / steal your sisters or daughters side walk chalk and make a nice wide straight line across your tires and drive straight for a 100 feet / if the pressure is correct the chalk will be worn off evenly / if its worn in the center you have to much pessure / if its worn on each side you dont have enuf / and dont forget to rotate your tires every 5 to 7 thousand miles or every other oil change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode