2006-2007 Diesel Fuel Milage? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Question 2006-2007 Diesel Fuel Milage?

And 2006 or 2007 Dodge Ram Diesel owners? What kind of fuel milage are you getting? I have talked to a few 2007 owners who say they are getting 24-28 when not towing and 17-18 towing a trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:02 PM

I was at the dealership last week looking at a new '06 on sale. The salesman stated 23mpg unloaded and 17-18 towing. I thought that was real nice, but I've got no practical experience with them unfortunately. I did manage to take a sneak peak at the new big diesel that's replacing the 5.9. Interesting.

On a sad note, that '06 2500 4x4 quad cab short bed diesel w/Lone Star package was running at $32k. Since we were only looking and still currently living in Japan w/2yrs left here, we weren't buying, I nearly cried as I left the dealership because if we were staying in the States, I'd have gone home with a new truck

That leads me to the the question and why I stopped in the Dodge forum. I'll post that individually.

Shorts
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
xman271

Mileage

Hey Dwaters,
How is Justin? I still have to introduce my self at the next WORCS race. I made a trip down to Cali. I have oversized tires, but no lift. I think my tires are 295/70????? I have an 06 2500 Dodge Diesel. The best I did was 19.8mpg with my Raptor 700 in back and the rear extra cab loaded with gear. I havent hauled my toyhauler yet. That will be in two weeks. Has anyone tried any of the programmers to add for tire size,etc and see better mileage than what I have been getting? Let me know on product and a review
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
I was at the dealership last week looking at a new '06 on sale. The salesman stated 23mpg unloaded and 17-18 towing. I thought that was real nice, but I've got no practical experience with them unfortunately. I did manage to take a sneak peak at the new big diesel that's replacing the 5.9. Interesting.
I am hearing similar mileage from actual owners also after about 6000 miles when the motor gets broke in. This is with the 5.9. Nobody has much experience with the new 6.7 yet.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman271 View Post
Hey Dwaters,
How is Justin? I still have to introduce my self at the next WORCS race. I made a trip down to Cali. I have oversized tires, but no lift. I think my tires are 295/70????? I have an 06 2500 Dodge Diesel. The best I did was 19.8mpg with my Raptor 700 in back and the rear extra cab loaded with gear. I havent hauled my toyhauler yet. That will be in two weeks. Has anyone tried any of the programmers to add for tire size,etc and see better mileage than what I have been getting? Let me know on product and a review
Good. Stop and see us at the WORCS race in Havasu this weekend. And we will have a brand new Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab in electric blue.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 PM

I have an 05 Ram 3500 diesel (5.9L) 4x4, NV5600 6 speed, and 3.73 gears. Best I've managed has been about 21 on the highway unloaded travelling about 75 or so. I imagine if I could hold the speed down to about 65 or so on the expressway it might be possible to eek out 23-24, but I unwilling to drive that slow. I can't tell you city because I don't do enough dedicated city driving to know for sure. Country/back roads with a little city driving I tend to average about 18-20, depending on how fast I feel like accelerating and all that.

Best I've managed to get towing was roughly 16mpg towing my ~4000lbs worth of boat, on the mostly flat roads, with a handful of decent hills thrown in. Usually less than that when I'm being a little harder on the throttle. I am not a bit fan of putting around if I don't have to be, so usually I don't and the MPG suffers a little.

I think if they're talking about that sort of mileage with any trailers of any real serious substance, they're just blowing smoke into your nether-region...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
jeffnvegas

have an 06 dodge ram big horn 3500. stock was getting under 17 city. i have only about 5500 miles on it. just got a new afe intake and bought a triple dog power pup (bully dog) and got 17 coming home in performance mode (one higher up is still available) empty. got quite a bit of power improvement, and even stepping on it the mileage went up up about 1mpg. doubt the 24 mpg posted by others, but i've got an auto and their running manuals. will be happy if i can squeeze 20-21 in the future.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM

My 05 get around 17 but if I leave it in the 3rd level on my power pup it will go lower but not sure since my speedo is off 2 tenths of a mile thanks to 38's. I tow my monster truck around with a gooseneck that weighs combined to 16,000, not sure of mileage but from southeastern mass to northwestern vermont it took a tank of fuel, it holds 34 but I only usually fit in 29 gallons. It takes around 4-4 1/2 hours through mountains to get there...

Who says a 360 can't spin all 4-60" terra tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode