1992 dakota - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 11:05 PM
dakoter

1992 dakota

I have recently been thinking about putting new tires on my stock dakota i have 235/75R15 courser otd tires on it now i have been thinking about putting 29/11.50R15 swamper ssr tires on it but was worried they would rub or even fit my rim any experience on this or any knowledge on this would be appreceated.

james
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 12:30 PM

Re: 1992 dakota

dakoter, you sent me a message but i cant reply to it because youve turned off private messaging. i would love to help but dont really have a way to get in touch with you besides posting in the forum. so... turn on private messing and lemme know when its done!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

l have 31/9.50/15 BFG MUD,s on the stock rims on my 93 DAK / you cant run anything wider or taller than that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:54 AM

my first vehicle was a 93 dakota 4x4. Club cab, V-8, stock cast aluminum rims and I ran 31/10.5s on it with only the lightest of rubbing at full lock on the front crossmember. If i wasnt too lazy to adjust the steering stops a turn or two that wouldnt have happened.

Interesting thought: My dakota seemed to always sit higher than others, possibly because it had the V-8 and the snow plow package? There was a bright yellow sticker on the inside of the glove box door saying something like: "When affixing snowplow, secure 400 pounds of ballast to the extreme rear of the cargo bed." Perhaps it had heavier duty suspension as such and cleared the tires better than yours would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode