Gold Mine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 AM
jayforte

Gold Mine

My father has got to let a yardful of toys and projects go. These were all hauled in from Fed Gov auctions over the last 1.5 years. Had plans to fix and sell, mix and match a project truck to keep, but must just let it go for various reasons:

Several parts trucks:
2 late 80's half ton trucks, one short bed, one long - both straight and need an engine.

3 M880's (all are 1976 models - low miles). All are red and are complete. Served time as forestry trucks. Not rotted out.

One late 80's 4x4 1 ton dually cab & chassis. Has a utility body to go with it. All 6 tires are very good. 4 spd manual. Ex military. needs an engine.

2 89's. 4x4, throttle body 360, 4spd manual. Under 80k miles. Ex county maintenance trucks from NJ (read: body rot!) - but the cabs look good. drivetrain is complete on both.

1 mid 80's. 360. runs vg. no title, bought at auction from a tow company. bill of sale only.

IF i had time and a garage, I would build a nice offroad truck with one of the NJ trucks and the short wheelbase truck. That would be an awesome trail rig. 360 fuel injected, solid front axle, 4spd man, short wheelbase, no rust, low gears... what else could you want?

Also considered buying a RamCharger or TrailDuster and putting the entire drivetrain from one of the 3/4 NJ trucks in it. That'd be a great family trail rig.

the train of thought for the 1 ton dually would be take the engine out of one of the NJ trucks (again, 360 fuel injected via throttle body). Mount the utility bed or put a flat bed on it and work it!!

Too many projects, not enough time. Wont be for awhile now either. gotta let them all go for now.

There's also another 1990 model 250 with accident damage, frame damage, but approx 70k on the 360.

there's other dodge stuff too (2 cargo vans, one passengr van, a 96 minivan, 2 K cars). Wish I had the time and money. I'd love to make a package deal as well. My loss, your gain. C'mon and get your HD Dana axles, 4spd manuals, M880's, 1 ton drivetrain etc.

We are about 20 minutes south of Atlanta.

Regards,

Jason

email: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:12 AM
jayforte

Re: Gold Mine

The 3/4 ton trucks are of the heavy duty variety - 8 lug full floaters, 4spd manuals (I believe the NV4500). Same with the 1 Ton.

This isnt an official junk yard or business. Just my father and I getting rid of a yard full of projects and potential. Several good 360's, whole trucks, M880's...

we're about 15 minutes south of Atlanta GA. Only 2 miles off I85. Looking to sell these parts trucks as whole trucks... not parting them out here. Cheap. Make an offer I cant refuse, bring cash and we'll likely help load it up for you when you get here.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Official Historian

NV4500 is a 5 speed and wasn't around for the M880's. The 4 speeds should be the NP 435.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
jayforte

Will,

Thanks for correcting me. I did not mean to suggest the M880s had a manual transmission. They have the stock automatics (727s i believe). The two trucks from the NJ municipality (3/4 tons) have 4spds as you indicated. I got my nomenclatures mixed up. i wish they were the nv4500 5spds. My apologies for my misinformation.

The one ton might be sold, and one of the M880's got hauled off to Alabama (thanks for coming by Nick!). Nick said he was interested in the 1 ton 4x4 dually for the Dana 60. He was a super nice guy and we him the best of luck on his project(s).

Regards,

Jason
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:55 PM

U got one with a front Dana 44 over there still?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 PM

need

i am looking for a half ton dana forty four front axel assembily the whole axel. the ratio i need is either a 3.23 or a 3.54 i need one bad so if u have one please call me at 864-419-4487 ask for rickie rutz thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode