Tires for 17 inch ORP 2001 dodge - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires for 17 inch ORP 2001 dodge

I hate to bring this up again, but i am looking for some advise. I was hoping someone could give me some reccomendations for max size that will fit without rubbing. I am looking at the Pro Comps in 33x12.50x17. Anyone have personal experience with this setup? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Tires for 17 inch ORP 2001 dodge

No, my truck isn't an Offroad package, and no I haven't run them, but there are lotsa guys with the 00 and 01 Offroad 1500's running 33x12.5R17's.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 09:16 PM
JCC

I just traded off my 01 Ram Off Road. I ran Pro Comp 33 m/t's on it. I think with the 2 inch coil spacers you could probably run 35's. But that is just my thoughts. I bought some spacers and new Rancho RSX shocks for a Ram with 3inch lift to try this, but I went to a 2500 ctd instead. If you want to try it I would make you a deal on the spacers and shocks. JCC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Mud in my Veins

Just a word of caution, the Offroad trucks use the same control arms and steering stuff as the regular 1500 4x4's. Only difference is the 1.75" or so taller coils. Everything is stretched a bit, but pretty much safe. Putting on 2" coil spacers or taller coils on a regular 1500 4x4 (like mine[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) is considered safe as well. However, stacking the coil spacers on top of the Offroad coils now means you have about 3.75-4" of lift beyond what the control arms and steering was originally designed for. Not a good idea.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 04:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How did you like the Pro Comps? I am considering those but I have heard a few thing to make me think about another brand. Any rubbing with the 33's?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 08:39 AM
JCC

I ran them for a year before I traded trucks. I did not get off road much. The times I did the tires impressed me. They never came close to rubbing on my Ram. I put about 12K hwy miles on them and showed only a little wear. They worked better than any other mud tire I have had, on wet streets. I had them rotated and balanced every 5K, that is the life of a mud tire. My only gripe is they cost so dang much. To me a 17 inch tire should cost less because their is less tire. But I have been accused of being cheap. JCC [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode