Will my spare tire carrier, hold a 35" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 01:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will my spare tire carrier, hold a 35\"

I'm getting new tires this week probably, which will be Pro Comp Mud Terrain 315/75/16(35 x 12.5) Tires. These will be mounted on Rock Crawler 16 x 10 wheels.

My truck came stock with 16 x 7 wheels, and probably 225/75/16 tires. The spare tire carrier is underneath the bed and holds the tire under there by a cable. Can this handle this new tire and wheel combo, or are they too big and heavy now? It currently is holding a 285/75/16 tire just fine. I know I can get a spare tire carrier for around $220ish, but didn't want to spend the money right now, but may have to.

Universal Tire Mount

Sorry about all of the recent posting too, but their search engine hasn't been working for awhile it seems [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 09:57 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Will my spare tire carrier, hold a 35\"

Mine will definately fit a 35, of course it is the bed.

Having had to pull a spare out from under a van on the side of a road at 11pm in the rain, and knowing that offroad the conditions might be worse, I just pulled mine out from the bottom and threw it in the bed. I took a padlock and some 10,000lb rated chain and attached it to one of the tie down points in the front of the bed. It isn't going anywhere without someone doing some work for it (not to mention you can't see it with my toneau now), and if I ever need to use the whole bed, I still have the mechanism down there to put the spare back down there.

Your exhaust routing and trailer hitch would probably be the main problems with putting it under the body. Side Note: I did once see a 31x13.5 Swamper under a Toyota's bed like this once. Was funny as hell, thing stuck down past the trailer hitch and I was sure it would rub the diff if he ever compressed the rear much, but I gave him points for not just putting it on one of those cheesy "PreRunner" mounts like everyone else in SoCal.[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would question whether is actually enough space to fit a 35" tire under there. Take a tape and measure around the existing tire to see if there is enough clearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 05:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The answer is a big NO!

Tried it today and it rubs against the Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode