Can I use 15 x 10 wheels on my '95 Dodge Ram??? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Can I use 15 x 10 wheels on my \'95 Dodge Ram???

No 2.75 was not a typo, the Rock Crawler wheels i was thinking of are only 2.75 backspacing for 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. It says 3.75 for 15 x 10's, but not for that bolt pattern.

I think I may go to American Eagle Series 559 instead, probably a hair more expensive, but has a 3.5 backspacing.

As far as lifts go, I have a 5" Skyjacker Lift on my 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that i'm talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm pretty sure the American Racing 767 come in a 3.75 in a 15x10. I know for a fact they come in that backspacing in a 15x8. And they are pretty damn cheap, i was quote 35 bucks a wheel. It goes up to about 50 a wheel for 16's.

Nice choice on the lift [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Sounds like a nice truck.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll have to ask them about those wheels I don't seem them on their site. Are those considered rock solid steel wheels that are good for offroading?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm looking at getting some of these. They are steelies and yes they hold up to off roading.

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...picture=AR-767
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Mud in my Veins

American Racing is pretty much the father of aftermarket wheels. The AR-767 black steelie is the wheel that everyone else copied to make their black steelies, rock crawlers, whatever. I'd go for it over the Rock Crawlers any day. Besides, Rock Crawlers are 4Wheel Fart's in house brand.[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Any Discount Tire can get American Racing rims for you.

If you look at the Tyres International website (www.tyres1.com), under the wheels section, you will find the American Racing AR-767 is available in 15x10 with a 5x5.5" bolt pattern and 4" of backspacing. Just thought you should know.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 07:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

While we are at it, wonder what you guys think about this [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Do you think with a higher lift, maybe a small backspace is ok, letting the tires stick out more. Does that give you a little more stability and prevent a little less rollover? That makes the truck a little wider, or do you just think wider tires would do it, or the combo of both [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, i'm ordering everything today [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Still not sure on the 15 x 10 vs 16 x 10 wheels, i'm going to ask the to 100% verify it for me. I still want 15 x 10, the tires are way cheaper.

So it looks like today...

15 x 10 or 16 x 10 wheels, rock crawler or amr 767
Pro Comp Mud Terrain 35 x 12.5 or 315/75/16's
Detroit Full Locker in the rear
4.56 Gearing

Need a new tow rope as well, probably will snag a 3" x 30' one.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Mud in my Veins

The fact that the tires are going to stick out an extra 2-3" on each side right now is more than enough. Like we've told you again and again, less backspacing and you're gonna rub, bad.

Less backspacing is also bad on the bearings in the front axle. More leverage that they weren't designed for.

The more the tires stick out the more the truck gets dirty everytime you hit a puddle.

Stick with the 15x10's and 35x12.5R15's and save your cash. Save the 16's, not necessary unless you want higher load range tires or to run bigger axles and/or bigger brakes.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well after going to the 4x4 shop today and ordering everything, they told me no on 15 x 10's for my truck. The person selling me stuff, didn't think so, but he talked to the manager there, and he said no, I should not run 15 x 10's on my truck.

So I ended up going with...

5, 16 x 10 Rock Crawler, with 4" backspacing
5, 315/75/16's Pro Comp Mud Tires

Probably cost me about $250ish more [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The wheels are almost the same price, but tires cost alot more [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, I feel more comfortable with 16 x 10's just in case, I do some sort of brake conversion in the future. Looks like late next week, or about a week and a half, I should have new wheels, tires, locker in the rear, and new gears, can't wait [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Mud in my Veins

So not listening to the advice of everyone on this forum, including people who HAVE run 15x10's on similar trucks, you let the sales guys, who probably do not own Dodge Rams, talk you into buying the more expensive rims and tires?[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You know, the ones they make the most commission off of?[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Dude, go back there and demand they change your [bleep] back to 15x10's and 35x12.5R15's. $250 is a lot of gas, or can buy some good stuff for your truck, even something for the wifey to keep her happy with all the money spent on the truck.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You aren't having this stuff done at a 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, are you?[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] THEY SUCK GOAT BALLS!!!!![img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do listen to peoples advice [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

No one really said, hey I have a mid 90's Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and are running 15 x 10's they are great. Most people said, "I think", "You probably can". The shop manager that knows a ton about trucks, said no, and for safety sake, I went with it. They don't give a crap if I run 15's or 16's for profit sake.

He didn't know what I was buying or how much, he just happened to be outside and walking by, and I asked him to look at my truck. He looked at the rear and said no, I wouldn't run 15's. Also, since my truck came with 16's, it seems like the safest bet anyhow.

Now just incase I ever to a disc conversion in the rear, then this will be a good thing as well [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Why don't you like 4 Wheel Parts?? I have done tons of research on the web and at a few other 4x4 shops, and they always give me the best prices. Also DriveTrain Warehouse is offering a $100 rebate on labor, so I got $100 off labor at 4 Wheel Parts because of that. Having it done there gives me a 3 month warranty on labor, so I feel a little more at ease, incase something breaks.

They also have a no questions asked warranty on tires, which came to only about $80. I know someone that has this, and they blew out a side wall while crawling. They brought in the tire and they replaced it with no hassle. I have also found a pretty honest sales guy, which is nice to have in your corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode