AIR SYSTEM - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 12:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AIR SYSTEM

Hi All,
The Wife and I bought a 02 Quad cab 5.9L. I talked to the dealer about a K&N filter / air system they said it would not void warranty. Which one gives me the best bang for the buck?
Thanks
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 11:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: AIR SYSTEM

The drop in K&N. $60 if you get screwed at the parts store. The intake systems charge you $250 or more for a conical K&N, some plastic tubing, and some sort of adaptor to the throttle body. Meanwhile the filter is now exposed to mud and water flying through the engine bay, and also sucks in hot air now, instead of cold air like the factory setup did.

I put a K&N in mine and am just going to fab up some kind of plastic tubing with a smooth and slightly wider interior than the stock intake tube.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Be very carefull about what the dealer "Tells" you. It is very different that what is in writing. The Warranty states that if an aftermarket item is installed and is found (by Chrysler) to be the cause of a failure, the failed item will not be covered under warranty. ie: If Chrysler determines that the K&N air filter caused debris to enter the engine, the engine warranty is void. If, however, a Chrysler dealer installs the item AND you get record/recipt of that install, then Chrysler cant void the warranty. This isn't meant to scare you off of a K&N, they are excelent filters, it's just a loophole that allows Chrysler to get out of paying if you have a problem down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mike-off topic, just wanted to let you know I have used Kriegers (along with Shiloh & Hart) & have always been impressed [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My issue rifle was an M24 SWS by the way.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Addict

not sure how much is really gained with a k&n i did a test with and without a filter on a g-tech and ther was no change
I personally would rather throw a filter away and spend 5 bucks on a new one than have to clean one but I am also lazy sometimes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode