Is This Body Swap Possible? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-1999, 01:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is This Body Swap Possible?

I've found a 1981 3/4 Ton Crew Cab, 2WD for $775 (Transmission's shot). I already have a 1979 W150 Club Cab, 4WD. How crazy is it to think that I can put the crew cab body on the chassis/frame of the Club cab?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-1999, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is This Body Swap Possible?

Any thing is possible! How talented are you? How significant is your tool collection? I did a 74 R/C body to an 84 R/C frame. These frames were almost identical. The difference was in height. Directly behind the drivers seat the older frame rose a few inches. The newer frame rose about a foot behind the drivers seat. That may be the case on your frames. Another problem will be frame length. Where will your wheel wells on the bed line up. Are you going to use your bed. I would think the cab swap would be simple. Then you have to figure out the bed. Good luck happy trails Joe

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-1999, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well as long as it's a CrewCab with a short bed, and your ClubCab is a long bed, they should be the same wheelbase. Check out the 2wd floor (trans hump). You may need to weld in a 4wd trans hump. I'm not sure where the CrewCabs have the rear cab mount located in regards to a ClubCab (may have to relocate the rear cab mount). Also the front bed mount may be in a different location for the same reason. I think It should be an easy swap otherwise. I am sure you can make it work. Where are you located? I may be able to use some of those ClubCab parts if your near Pa.....Good luck!!

Mike (440trk)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-1999, 08:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check out the December issue of FOUR WHEELER page 12 . There is a chebby that looks like what you want to do. Have fun Joe

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-27-1999, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check out http://students.uwsp.edu/jderr664/pr.../project78.htm
that might give you some tips for the redo, with wiring etc. and stuff if
you get carried away! Good luck ! -jim

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-28-1999, 11:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The frames are different!!!!!!!!!!! Questions give me a call at 301-933-5277...///GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode