Will It Work Or Not Work - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-1999, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Will It Work Or Not Work

Just bought a 99 4wd 1/2 ton and want to put a lift on it, can i get of cheaper by putting 3/4 ton coil springs on the front to level it out, but i dont know if they will fit or not, and will it void my waranty if I do it. If it does work will a stiffer front end cause my tires to wear more quickly or will it not affect anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-1999, 09:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Will It Work Or Not Work

Well, I considered the same approach for my '96. The dealer said there are about 6 different rates of springs that will fit. The 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton springs are the same size as far as fitment goes... the only variable is diameter of material and load rating. Never the less, the cost for the pair, if I could decide on which one to use, was about $85.00 each. Well, for that price I could call the fantastic people at Superlift and order a pair of coil springs that I knew would fit and achieve my objective. Don sold me a pair of springs and rear add a leaves to my door for a bargain price of about $275.00. I installed the lift myself in an afternoon and I'll be happy to elaborate on installation if you wish. Just post a reply!

ZAB [/i] </font color=purple>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 01:14 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Will It Work Or Not Work

If you go the factory 3/4 ton spring route, get the springs for a HD 3/4 ton. My 3/4 (7500# GVW) front end sits the same height TO THE INCH as my moms 1/2 ton. My back end sits about 3 1/2" higher though.
<font color=blue>'95 Ram 2500 4x4</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>'99 Dakota 4x4</font color=purple>

<font color=red>Mike H.</font color=red>
<font color=blue>1983 CJ-7 Laredo</font color=blue>
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]o[[[[o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode