44" tires back on! Big ram again! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

44\" tires back on! Big ram again!

[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I put on my 44" dick cepic fun country tires again and oh what a difference! My truck towers high again finially but theres the caster problem I have which has been causing some serious death wobbles from my front tires. I finially adjusted my caster centric bolts on the lower front links to the max to try to stay at the 2-6 degrees of caster angle, the top part of the knuckle should be facing rearward slightly to control the steering.
I took it for a spin down the street carefully due to the wobble and around 30mph it started, that damn wobble won't go away. I'll try the smaller wimpy 35" tires on some day soon to see if the caster change helped. The 44's need several steering stabelizers and I only have one on due to the other one got destroyed from running over cars with only 38's on! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll drive the old 33" bogger equipped 89 jeep to work instead until the new truck arrives and then probaly take the ram off the road and have it wait for the new 2 1/2 ton rockwells and possible 48" terra tires! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'll post another pic soon of the truck with the 44's on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 44\" tires back on! Big ram again!

Are you sure there are no worn components in either the steering or suspension? Even a slight bit of wear can result in the condition you mention when huge tires are installed. I doubt that the alignment would really be the base cause the condition but could exaggerate it some.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: 44\" tires back on! Big ram again!

Actually you are right, I do have a couple poly bushings on my skyjacker links that are worn. They have been worn for a while but it hasn't been a problem until I installed the huge 7" lift coils. My lower and upper links are probaly at 30+ degree facing downward! Its only $40 to replace them so I might order them even though I have a new lift for it and yet I probaly won't use it since I will be going much higher to clear huge tires with rockwells!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode