Power mirror install? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 02:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Power mirror install?

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it would be to install power mirrors on my '99 Dakota. It did not originally come equipped with them, it was an option I overlooked when I ordered the truck. (I've got nearly everything except power locks/win/mirror, and compass). It has a simple "dummy plug" in the spot the power mirror switch would be. Is a power mirror installation basically plug-and-play? If not, is there a special wiring harness I could buy? Having manual mirrors (they don't even have a manual-type remote adjustment - gotta push w/ your fingers) is kinda inconvienient especially having my girlfriend driving it also. Anyway, thanks in advance - this forum has been very helpful to me!

-Darren Asuncion
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 02:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Power mirror install?

Darren, I believe the harnesses are already in place. Just need to buy the factory mirrors (if you can find them) and plug them in. I think several people on the DML (Dakota Mailing List) have already done this conversion. If you take your mirrors off you'll be able to tell if the wiring is there.

PS- Nice truck looks exactly like mine before I did the lift. Same color even.

John
98 Dakota 4X4 V8 5" Lift 33" Swampers
74 Ramcharger 4" Lift 33" BFG MT's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-1999, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I took off my door panels and mirrors today. The only wire harness in either door are to the speakers. Bummer. Does anyone know if they make a wire harness that goes from the dash? (or fusebox or something) to the doors for the power mirrors? Looks like I might have been able to find a set of mirrors for my truck, so I'm pretty close to tackling this mistake that would have cost me about $140 if I just remembered to order the mirrors.. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

-Darren

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 06:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I finally installed the power mirrors on my '99 Dakota. Expect to $126.24 at your Chrysler dealer for everything except the mirrors. Mirrors can sometimes be found on places like E-bay. Picked mine up (5x7) for $150 on E-bay (lots of people bidding on those!!). If there is anyone on here interested on the conversion, here are the parts you need assuming your doors aren't pre-wired for it (some parts are NOT listed in the Chrysler parts computers..btw):

56045026AB Wiring - Right door jamb "jumper" (wiring from door jamb to under dash)
56045022AB Wiring - Right door wiring harness
56045023AB Wiring - Left (driver's) door wiring harness
56019923 Power mirror switch
56007040 Knob for power mirror switch
6503107 Nut to secure power mirror switch to door panel

This conversion took me 2 hours to complete on my Dakota. Anyone wanting the details to the installation, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode